Saturday, August 10, 2019

8/25/19 Through 8/31/19

8/25/19 Through 8/31/19

Sunday
A steadfast heart create in me,
And grant the grace that I may see,
That in this ordinary day
Each choice I make will shape this clay.

The will I think I have is naught,
As countless failures now have taught.
Each day begins with change in mind,
But weakness and despair I find.

Lord send Your fire here today,
And melt the dross of sin away.
Give the grief and pain I need
To on the narrow way proceed.

So when that final day arrives
When only steadfast soul survives,
You'll welcome me as one You know,
And cast me not to that below.

Monday
To lead is then to take a place
In need of love and holy grace.
To show the way that all might see,
And still a humble servant be.

Temptation comes to all who lead
To think they not, their teaching need.
To speak, but not to carry out
The word they love to talk about.

Give all who spread this holy word
The gift to see Your way un-blurred,
And grace to practice what they preach,
And stand for others in the breach.

Tuesday
A camel down, a cow to go.
A hippo next or buffalo.
How blind the hypocrite can be,
Unable to the evil see.

When God is gone and man has rule
We follow but a worthless fool.
We cleanse the outside, but within
Remains a cup of filth and sin.

If we would know prosperity
But humble servants we must be
Who look inside and cleanse the wrong
Repenting first to then be strong.

Wednesday
So weak and worthless is my will
That I must exercise it still
At every chance and every way
Throughout the hours of everyday.

Your grace, oh Lord, I turn away
So many times throughout the day.
If I would just accept the gift
Your love would flood the gaping rift.

Lord call me louder every time
I drift away and darkness find.
Help me learn to love like You,
And humble me in all I do.

Thursday
Living the truth in every way
With many small yeses throughout the day
The making of saints is a daily chore,
But no other one worth living for.

The yes of the humble and meek survives.
The yes of a saint, on patience thrives.
If every moment in love we try,
Then come when it may, the day we die.

Friday 
Pursue His wisdom every morn.
His light, each day, in thee be born.
This gift He promised all to give,
To guide us in the way we live.

Grant us oil to last the night.
Renew our strength amid the fight.
Let us not be unprepared, 
As those by evil ways ensnared.

That fateful night the door will close
And sealed will be the fate we chose.
The wise in everlasting glee,
The foolish left in misery.

Saturday
His love reveals what eye can't see,
A measure of the mystery
Of how He works in ways beyond
What yet on mortal mind has dawned.

So work and use the gifts He gives
Prosperity, in faithful lives.
The lazy look on in dismay, 
And gifts they have they cast away.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment