Saturday, August 3, 2019

8/18/19 Through 8/24/19

8/18/19 Through 8/24/19

Sunday

Love, the purifying flame
Jesus Christ, igniting name.
Set Your flame in me ablaze,
And let me offer holy praise.

Incinerate what slows me down,
In this pursuit of holy crown.
Melt my soul, remove the dross.
Count earthly gain as none but loss.

Monday
Perversion today, tomorrow the norm,
Unless we repent, we are prey for the storm.
Falling in with the crowd will a true danger be,
For the blinders they wear will impede what we see.

All that we grasp and think that we need
Are none but the fodder of lewdness and greed.
Repent and turn back on the way of the crowd
Let shouts of God's praises and glory be loud!

Tuesday
Learn to be obedient
That vital one ingredient
And learn to trust His every word
In prayer and humble meekness heard.

He speaks, if we but listen well
His voice, the willing heart can tell.
A prompting of the soul within
Where trust and faithfulness have been.

Wednesday
In kingly and in lowly too
Are jealousy and lust in view.
The humble and the meek will know
His mercy that will overflow.

Who are we to judge what's fair,
When of so little, are aware?
Beyond the eye, the heart must see
The Master's generosity.

Thursday
How foolish one to pay the price
And follow through to sacrifice.
The ways of pagans, He abhorred
And conquered for his Mighty Lord.

The precious life He gives to all
Is given for a higher call.
Let fool refrain from promise made,
And value of the life be weighed.

Friday
Whither you go, my feet will go.
Your people, and your God to know.
I found in you what's true and good
I wish to love Him as I should.

Saturday
The grace of martyrdom is found
And saints who persevere are crowned
When God is sought beyond all things,
And love outweighs what evil brings.

Oh grant me wisdom everyday
To seek and do, what ere You say.
And if someday You call for blood,
Let grace o'retake me like a flood.

But until then, in little ways
Let me be faithful, all my days
And answer every call to me
With, "Yes, as You said, let it be."





































No comments:

Post a Comment