Sunday, August 19, 2018

9/2/18 Through 9/8/18

9/2/18 Through 9/8/18

Sunday
The heart must be like water 
In the hand of Him above.
A lump of clay the Potter
Will form in ways of love.

To pass as one with knowledge,
With wisdom from on high
We follow and acknowledge
The laws that we live by.

Monday
The Lord of Lords has come to save
Yet many still prefer the grave.
They quickly turn from love to hate
Although it's Him they long await.

Those too familiar cannot see
That more than carpenter was He,
And though He grew from in their town
This was the man of great renown

Let me not so foolish be
That Him beside, I fail to see.
But look beyond the thin disguise,
To Christ in all, then recognize.

Tuesday
Light of lights within the skies,
Font where all true wisdom lies,
Illuminate the depths within,
Cast out the tendancy to sin.

With great authority You speak.
Once strong, the demon, now so weak.
He flees upon a single word,
When such a mighty voice is heard.  

Wednesday
To every town the word must go,
That every race and people know.
The Christ has come to set them free,
To show His love, and savior be.

To feed with milk the little child,
And cleanse the soul, by sin defiled.
The law of love, to man reveal,
and to a softened heart appeal.

To touch the sick and make them well,
To stories of the Father tell,
To show in every time and place,
Abundance of the Father's grace.

Thursday
Depart from me a sinful man.
For only God, such wonders can,
Call forth by word of His command
To do the work that He has planned.

You show me in so many ways
That You are worthy of all praise.
And yet I often turn away,
And fail to make the time to pray.

I rise each morn this time of day,
That I, might in, the quiet pray.
But still I find so often there
An empty plate and cupboard bare.

But rather than dispelling hope,
For inspiration there, I grope.
Then unexpectedly I find,
So many fish, with nets entwined.

Friday
Though unaware of sinful chains,
Let Christ be judge of what remains.
For though my conscience now be free,
The One who judges is not me.

He knows the heart more than I do,
Each motive in my pot of stew.
So there He passes judgement true,
And gives the righteous ones their due.

But also there He shines the light
Dispelling shadows of the night,
To show how far I still must go,
If I desire Him to know.

Saturday
Beauty far beyond the mind
Winsomeness of sweetest kind,
Purest flesh to ever be,
Mother of both Christ, and me.












































No comments:

Post a Comment