Sunday, August 12, 2018

8/26/18 Through 9/1/18

8/26/18 Through 9/1/18

Sunday
Decide this day to whom to go,
And whom you will call Lord.
For every man should clearly know
The One to be adored.

Just look and see that only One 
Has cared for all His own.
His works to never be outdone,
None like Him ever known.

He gave His body and His blood
As food and drink for all.
His love a raging torrent flood
In answer to our call.

Unwilling those who walk away,
To trust Him at His word.
To them, become the lump of clay,
And follow what they heard.

With Christ as husband, Church as bride
Submissive to His will, 
The marriage bond exemplifies
When man and wife fulfill.

Monday
I pray that faith would overflow
And many more would come to know
The wonders of our mighty Lord
Who, on the cross, His love outpoured.

How fitting all should model Him
And love escape our stingy brim
To flourish in our suffering
And bring to all this mighty King.

Tuesday
Help me to see the camel plain
And worry less of gnats to strain
Initially to cleanse inside,
And then perhaps, to be a guide.

Wednesday
For this is why the Christian's here 
To blaze the way to new frontier.
To follow in the Master's will,
And patiently be loving still.

To leave behind the prideful self,
And place all comforts on the shelf
Embracing all that He allows
When using us as trusty plows.

Thursday
I have within, a nagging fear
That when, for me, the time draws near,
I turn, attempting flesh to spare,
And find myself in deep despair.

So blest I've been, but weak, I am.
Much favored, but a sinful man.
Unable to, by strength assured,
Console myself, as one matured.

I only pray that You will be
The strength in my futility,
And take me home that final day,
No more to ever sin or stray.

Friday
The wisdom of the Holy ones
Is something that the world shuns,
And fails to fill an extra flask
In preparation for the task.

The virtues that the humble seek,
Unwanted by the Jew or Greek.
A stumbling block of foolishness
To those in rank self-righteousness.

But when that fateful day arrives,
With none to show, but sinful lives,
It's then too late to figure out,
You should have gone a different route.

Saturday
The quiet of the morning dew
Can cause a soul to think of You
For as a new day wakes to dawn
The thoughts of our Creator spawn.






















No comments:

Post a Comment