Sunday, August 5, 2018

8/19/18 Through 8/25/18

8/19/18 Through 8/25/18

Sunday
So that the simple ones can see
And like the children, come to Me,
I give My flesh that they become
With Me, and all, a body one.

To quench desire for unity
Who eats My flesh, transformed will be.
The simpleton will understand,
The love behind His each command.

And evermore the thirst shall grow
To more and more, the Father know
For in that most intense desire,
The Spirit comes with holy fire.

Monday
Just how stoic would I be
If all misfortune came to me?
Would I be like the rich young man,
Or would I search for God's new plan?

Have all possessions weighed me down
To where His will cannot be found?
Or am I nimble, swift, and free
To listen up and follow Thee?

Somewhere between the two I fall 
As one who listens for Your call,
But one who wants your grand design
To fit within this plan of mine.

There's many in this class like me
Who say they want to know they're free,
But fail to ever take the leap,
And firmly our possessions keep.

Oh Lord it all belongs to You,
And I accept what e're You do,
To bring me to the resting place
Where I may know Your sweet embrace.

Tuesday
To here renounce the things I own
Would show, at last, a seed was sown
In fertile ground within my breast
And true humility expressed.

But is that what I'm called to do?
Is that why I'm so blessed by You?
Maybe not to all deny,
But certainly to simplify.

A fast would help to thus endear
The word I wish to clearly hear.
For in denial self-imposed
I often find You're will exposed.

Wednesday
Woe to the shepherd who cares not for sheep
Whose dark little secrets can no longer keep.
the damage far-reaching, beyond tender soul,
This filthy injustice now staining the whole.

How long before all see the need to repent?
What fruits before God, could they ever present?
This body is hurting, the body's not well,
Till the last of her secrets she quickly expel

Thursday
Are you that guy who's unprepared,
Who lives in selfishness ensnared?
Who wants to join the banquet call,
But cannot from his sin withdraw?

This is truth that you must know.
For sin must dwell in lands below.
The wedding feast is meant for those,
Who, in the blood, have washed their clothes.

Friday
What would Jesus say of me
If me, it was, beneath the tree?
Would I be happy what He knew,
Or quite ashamed that He saw through?

Into the self no other knows,
Instead of what the outside shows?
Into the place where I know well
Without His grace, I'm bound for Hell!

Saturday
A servant I would gladly be
If such an honor came to me
To serve the One enthroned on high
And with His every wish comply

But He has called me to perceive
It's when we give that we receive
And love will serve the least of all
In answer to the Master's call.


No comments:

Post a Comment