Sunday, May 13, 2018

5/27/18 Through 6/2/18

5/27/18 Through 6/2/18

Sunday
The Trinity I can't explain
But this I see quite clear and plain
There's truth in what the Savior said
And I believe it, every shred

Though separate from each other, one
Are both the Father and the Son
The Spirit too, is one in three
And further yet, confuses me

Yet I have met each one of these
In bread and wine or gentle breeze
In fire of love or babble sound
In truth, the Trinity, I've found

My simple mind cannot explain
But this I know quite clear and plain
God's love for man does far transcend
The place where mortal sketches end.

Monday
Is that really who I am,
A weak and faithless kind of man?
Or would I answer ready then
If I but heard His call again?

A mind so occupied by gain
Is like a mind that's bound in chain
Unable to, in love, reply
When ere the Savior passes by.

Tuesday
I may be last, but let me in
My pride and all my selfish sin
Have placed me at the back of line
But let forgiveness still be mine.

Wednesday
To drink of the cup that He drinks
Is easy, the foolish one thinks
In time he will try, and in danger, he'll fly
And see how his love really stinks

To drink of the cup that He drinks
I can do, he says as he winks
But faced with the pain, he abandons the gain
And quietly off, then he slinks.

Thursday
In His presence dance for joy
All your talents then employ
Proclaim His greatness to the sky
No more need for poor to cry

He clearly shows it's not the end
If we, on earth, on Him, depend
For love outlives the earth and sky
And He was love, they can't deny

Friday
No concept of the power He gave
This One who came to sinner save
No concept of the glory due
When in His house, just passing through

Pray with faith and find it yours
Have no doubt that love endures
Drive away the base desire
Fill your heart with zealous fire

Saturday
A parched and barren land that thirsts
A sacred heart, with lance, that bursts
The blood and water flowing tide
A cleansing love, to man provide

Thirst of man in love assuaged
Evil now, much more enraged
Their every scheme to quell the word
Results that far more souls have heard.




No comments:

Post a Comment