Sunday, May 28, 2017

6/11/17 Through 6/17/17

6/11/17 Through 6/17/17

Sunday
The Trinity is unity 
Beyond the mind of man
The family is meant to be 
Reflective of His plan

Monday
His mother there beneath Him stood
His nakedness affxied to wood
Dispelling empty platitudes
Encompassing beatitudes

Such mourning as was never known
His poverty of spirit shown
In meekness suffering great pain
That all may have eternal gain

In humble search for righteousness
He suffered in such great distress
Extending mercy to the throng
That perpetrated this high wrong

Tuesday
Can one see my little flame
Would they but recognize my name,
Will they remember me as light
or just another passing night?

Have I produced a lasting heat,
Or just another mindless tweet
Have I become what He had planned
Or have I failed to understand?

What little time is left for me
To fan the flame You gave to me
May I draw closer yet to You
And add some flavor to the stew.

Wednesday
No jot or tittle pass away
Until the earth will go that way
Fulfilled in Christ the greater light
Dispels all hint of fearful night

If glory came from words in stone
Then one could see himself alone
But granted by descending dove
Our glory comes from righteous love

Thursday
Remove the veil that I may see
The splendor of Your gift to me
The freedom that Your love provides
Where service to the poor resides

Friday
Oh Lord, my sufferings of this day
I offer now to You
That You might join them to Your way
And give them value too

Redeem through me some sickly soul
Who's lost along the way
By this poor sacrifice make whole
And bring to light of day

Saturday
When no means no, and yes means yes
We wonder not nor have to guess
No turning back on what we've said
No matter where the path has led.

No comments:

Post a Comment