Saturday, May 13, 2017

5/21/17 Through 5/27/17

5/21/17 Through 5/27/17

Sunday
Oh Lord annoint afresh Your child
Cleanse me pure and undefiled
fulfill in me my heart's desire
Send on me Your holy fire

Set me free of all my sin
Let Your Spirit dwell within
Make anew the desolate
And send to me the Advocate

Monday
A time will come when you will see 
Great trials for belief in me
I tell you now that you may know
And onward in these trials go

For they that kill don't understand
The humble way My father planned
To bring salvation's grace to bear
On people here and everywhere

Tuesday
The Spirit comes in darkest place
To fill the heart with peace and grace
Amidst the darkness cold and long
His presence fills the soul with song

He shows the world how wrong it was
And offers life to all because
The Lamb was slain that we might live
And learn, each other, to forgive

Wednesday
The gods among this earthly realm
They multiply and overwhelm
The hungry needy dieties
That we create to charm and please

We worship every varied kind
That entertain or catch the mind
A game or sport or special thing
That we believe content will bring

Thinking them to be much bigger
Sapping all our youthful vigor
Never seeing we have sinned
By all our chasing of the wind

The perfect body wilts and wanes
As age brings on new aches and pains
And all we thought would satisfy
Gets rusty and goes passing by

But then among us all the time
Is grace and peace and love sublime
A Savior scorned and crucified
Now raised again and glorified.

Thursday
A little while and grief will come
The dirge be played upon the drum
But little more and joy you'll find
When resurrection light is shined.

Friday
Like a woman in labor
The sorrow will leave
When she sees what He gave her
The gift to believe

Separation causes pain
Just a little while
Leading to a greater gain
Just beyond the trial

Saturday
In Jesus' name I ask you Lord
For more than I could e're afford
The Spirit's presence deep within
And will to separate from sin

I ask to be Your instrument
Of love in every place I'm sent
To bring Your Spirit present where
It's found most difficult to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment