Sunday, April 30, 2017

5/7/17 Through 5/13/17

5/7/17 Through 5/13/17

Sunday
My sins He bore upon the tree
His wounds a healing balm for me
A wayward sheep that's prone to stray
He leads along the narrow way

Monday
Call not profaned what God has claimed
To enter in the fold
But go and speak to those who seek. 
All nations must be told

The spirit spoke to Gentile folk
The same as you and me
Cornelius found in Joppa town
The words to set him free

Tuesday
He speaks so very plain you see
But far from all find certainty
For they cannot get past the view
That God would come so close to you

If they could only see their way
To listen to the words You say
Their sight would be so crisp and clear
Of God Himself who comes so near.

Wednesday
The light has come and shone on me
But often still I fail to see
For pride can blind the sinful eye
And make of me a selfish guy

Then ruled by passion and delight
I block the rays of healing light
But if confessing I repent
Again the healing light is sent

Thursday
If God Himself should wash my feet
No life on earth should be complete
Without much service to the poor
To help them in  their trial endure

How patiently He bore the pain
In hope of our eternal gain
He gave us there upon the cross
Our greatest gain, His life of loss

But then He showed once glorified
The prize He won when crucified
The back of evil broken when 
We look upon the Great Amen.

Friday
Drawn to hear His gentle voice
Trembling there with Him rejoice
Unworthy of His presence here
The Lord inspires holy fear

How could One so great attend
To those who frequently offend
Yet He prepares a place for all
Even those who often fall

Saturday
How little I can understand
Of all the things my Lord has planned
So all there is for folks like me
Is simply place our trust in Thee

I've known You now for quite a while
But still can't figure out Your style
Surprise occurs at every turn
With always so much more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment