Sunday, April 23, 2017

4-30-17 Through 5/6/17

4-30-17 Through 5/6/17

Sunday
Open Lord Your word to me
Reveal the things that I can't see
Upon these pages here of Thine
Allow Your rays of light to shine

Then cause my heart to burn within
And keep me far away from sin
I'll savor every word You said
And daily come receive the bread

Monday
Intently Stephen looked upon
The face of Christ in land beyond
Not cursing them in painful groans
But blessing those who threw the stones

Angelically his face appeared
No pain or torture then was feared
For in that time he fixed his eyes
On Jesus Christ his faithful prize

Tuesday
May I consume the daily bread
Your very flesh on which I'm fed
True manna, heavens greatest sign
God's one and only Son divine

Wednesday
To ask within His holy name
He promises receipt
Our lack is not on him to blame
But on our own deceit

For what we ask indulges that
Which leads us far astray
It's nothing more than idle chat
To help us on our way

Thursday
Come down from heaven holy bread
On which the faithful all are fed
The Bread of Life for all to eat
Our strength on earth to sin defeat

Friday
The light of Christ around him shone
But voice was heard by him alone
See how blind you've come to be?
The one you persecute is Me

Now go into the city where
My messenger will find you there
And tell you all that you must do
As what the lord commands of you

Then after three days fasting spent
A man named Ananias sent
The scales removed, his sight restored
And now the Son of God adored

Saturday
Who can accept these words you speak
Perhaps another one we seek
Returning to their former way
So many souls have gone astray

Nowhere to go that I can see
I never wish to part from Thee
Although I may not understand
I  trust in what my Lord has planned

No comments:

Post a Comment