Sunday, April 7, 2024

4/21/24 Through 4/27/24

 4/21/24 Through 4/27/24

Sunday
Good Shepherd save Your little ones
Your feeble daughters, sinful sons
Astray we go each time we sin
A foolish lot Your flock has been

Yet still, You cherish every soul
Desiring to make us whole
Your very precious life You give
So simple wayward sheep might live

Such love as this we've never seen
Enduring cross and passion keen
To save a lost and helpless lamb.
In truth, You are the Great I AM!

Monday
Astonished that He came to save
Both mighty and the humble knave
Distinctions made by earthly men
By Christ, the cart upset again.

The Gentile too, He calls to learn
And by the Spirit to discern
His call to turn away from sin
And be with Christ one welcomed in.

His gifts were meant for all mankind
The Jew and Gentile here will find
Their sins forgiven, spirits blest
When Christ our King, as Lord confessed.

Tuesday
Your voice I know, the always good
Directing as I always should
Attune my ears to bend Your way
And follow well what ere You say.

So many times Your blessings seen
But oh, how lazy I have been
The easy way I've often trod
And shunned the path of Mighty God

What foolishness I now can see
To ever turn away from Thee
In even ways that seem so small
For happiness is giving all.

A humble sheep within the flock
Who answers every time You knock
Then acts at once to do Your will
And let You well, my coffers fill.

Wednesday
Set aside a special way
Each with a task to do each day
A word will come to open ears
And bless the docile one who hears.

The Voice may take some time to hear
In quietness to Him draw near
Allow Him room within your heart
Then on your sacred journey start.

Each day afresh and new He speaks
A little more of you He seeks
Until the all you have is His
And there you'll find the all that is.

Thursday
On this feast, my patron's day
For zeal and wisdom here I pray
To spread the word per His command
And join the apostolic band

Within my world so small and tame
I wish to kindle there a flame
To warm the hearts of all I meet
That they might too the Savior greet.

Friday
A place prepared for only me
A place for all eternity
His love so far above my reach
But daily He will coach and teach.

He'll show me how the little ways
Of faith and trust should fill my days
And let me see no kindness turned
Within His plan is ever spurned.

As prophets spoke so long ago
And those who search the scripture know
The things that once appear mundane
A wealth of riches may contain.

When resurrection light is shown
All good and bad will then be known
And then in clearest light I'll see
What purest Love prepared for me.

Saturday
The Word arrives in varied ways
He speaks to us throughout our days
We must attune our ears to hear
And then we'll find Him very near.

The wicked stop their ears and say
There is no use for man to pray
The truth upsets their status quo
And change they have no wish to know.

But if we listen well we see
The Spirit's ever close to thee
The Father and the Son abide
Where humble love replaces pride.

Don't turn away from truth and good
But let His word become your food
Your eyes will then begin to see
How much, in truth, He cares for thee.























































No comments:

Post a Comment