Saturday, February 17, 2024

3/3/24 Through 3/9/24

 3/3/24 Through 3/9/24

Sunday
A cleansing of the Temple space
Can come from none but holy grace.
Upsetting of the tables there, 
The greed and lust for wealth to pare.

The whip to drive deceit away 
That one might truly learn to pray
He knows quite well the heart of man
Twas He who made it in His plan.

His plan for freedom, peace, and joy
That wickedness and sin destroy
But one repentant there may find
The will of God and man aligned.

Rebuild this temple clean and new
And make my will align with You
Forever humble, tried, and true
A change that's long been overdue.

Monday
Naaman, a pagan sign
Encountering God's love Divine.
One humbled so to do His will
Received his healing and his fill.

Obeying but a little girl
He finds the precious loving pearl
Of knowing that God cares for all
Who answer to His humbling call.

The self-sufficient nay will find
The healing comfort God designed
For lacking what the humble see
They fail to ever bend their knee.

Tuesday
Forgiveness far beyond all knowing
Jesus, every sinner showing
Debtors freed of all they owe
Mercy they must also show.

When I think of all I've done,
The debt amassed by only one,
I'm humbled He should ever care
And so, the Cross for such to bear.

Even now when Love is known
Indifference to the poor is shown
And though I well deserve His wrath
He shows me yet the narrow path.

Wednesday
Let me never forget You, Lord
And all the grace that You afford
For all that I have seen and heard
The gift of faith within me stirred.

So many unexpected ways
You spoke to me in darkest days
Or saved me from the snare of sin
When rash or foolish I had been.

I'm slow to see Your hand at work
Or where the traps of evil lurk
But then You speak or act in ways
Remembered well throughout my days

Yet still, oh Lord, I tend to sin
Forgetful of Your life within
Let not Your mercy cease to flow
But evermore Your love to know

Someday I pray, You'll cleanse within
My every stain or trace of sin,
And make of me a one like You
With love the key to all I do.

Thursday
A sign they want when plain as day
They see the Life, the Truth, the Way.
No sign will ever change the mind
Of those who are the willful blind.

Gone from their vocabulary,
Faithfulness and truth they bury.
Men fabricating lies to be
A "truth" for them, but not for me.

When faithfulness and truth are banished
All that's good and pure has vanished
No sign for such a present age
When war on all that's good they wage.

But those with open, watchful eyes
Can see beyond the wilful lies
To see the truth in glory crowned
Where faithful followers are found.

Friday
How long until you act upon
The word you know is true
Expecting not the morning dawn,
Or what shall come to you.

The word is true, we must obey
For happiness to know
But still from true, we turn away
And to destruction go.

For love is total gift of self,
Not turning one away,
But leaving nothing on the shelf,
Or saved for rainy day

Our God provides the all we need
For those who listen well
And to His every word take heed
To so, the Gospel tell.

Convicting here with my own pen
The writer of the verse
A hypocrite among the men
Or something maybe worse.

Saturday
A Pharisee, or tax collector,
Which am I today?
The Lord the only truth detector
Sees the clearest way.

If true repentance were at hand
I'd act on every word
Obeying quickly each command
Not shunning what is heard.

I wish to leave here justified
Not simply self-assured
For one could lead to suicide
And one to life procured.

In quandary so, I find myself
As both I see in me
Is that perhaps the truth itself,
That both are truly me?

What I hold back, Lord help me give
And turn away from sin
For giving all is how to live
And life with You begin.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment