Saturday, November 4, 2023

11/19/23 Through 11/25/23

 11/19/23 Through 11/25/23

Sunday
Now use each gift He's given you
To help another and renew
Your trust that He will multiply
As needed in your low supply.

He's made you not to keep and store
But made each one to offer more
To be a channel of His grace
And help the lost to find their place.

So, bury not your talent now
But learn to multiply somehow
By using what you have for good
To show His message, understood.

Monday
Have pity Lord, I want to see.
Quite well just what you ask of me
I want to follow in Your way
And learn to love You more each day.

No bland complacency for me
But ever deeper let me see.
Into Your Love without an end
And so this temporal world transcend.

What earthly eyes can see is base
The fleeting things of life they chase
But grasp at none but puffs of smoke
And find themselves just flatly broke.

But what You garner offers more
Than all ephemeral earthly store
And such is what I want to see
By drawing closer yet to Thee.

So, take this blindness far from me
And give my eyes such clarity
To turn from pleasure, wealth, and fame
And so, to peace and joy obtain.

Tuesday
Noble death and crown of glory
Culminate the ancient story
Faith unwilling to betray Thee
Then becomes the faith to save thee.

Eleazar, man of valor
Facing well the deathly pallor
shows what's lasting in our choices
Well-defying Godless voices.

Give me grace Lord, so to follow
Let me not the unclean swallow
Make me pure and undefiled
Let me be Your docile child.

Let the young be bolstered by me
In the trials that belie me
Faithful to the bitter end
Let me truth and love defend,

Wednesday
Lord, I pray I'll never know
If I would stay or I would go
If I would turn from You to live
Or freely all I have then give.

I like to think my courage strong
But know I often last not long
When trial comes, I look for ease
And not how suffering might please.

I shun what makes me more like You
And choose what puts myself in view
I like to build my self-esteem
While posing on the Victor's team.

In honesty, I see I'm weak
A common sinner, not unique.
With grace alone can I survive
And then at last with You arrive.

It's only when Your graces flow
And courage on the weak bestow
That one like me could long endure
Remaining holy, good, and pure.

Thursday
So much for which to thank our God
His love for sinners sick and flawed
The beauty that surrounds our lives,
The love of husbands and of wives.

The gift of life in little ones
The joy of daughters and of sons
The gift of faith to bolster hope
The love to with our trials cope.

Our every breath of life we breathe
Our every thought our minds conceive
His way that's always good and right
His light that guides us through the night.

For oceans, mountains, rivers, plains
For all our temporal earthly gains
For gifts all manifest and good
For peace within our neighborhood.

For love within the family
For faith along the family tree
But most of all for You my God
The lover of us sick and flawed.

Friday
Lord, make this temple clean and pure
Give grace to every trial endure
Upset the tables of decay
And drive the evil far away.

Inside is where the evil lies
That You alone, to see have eyes
Let not this temple be profaned
But purity of soul be gained.

Baptismal waters cleanse and bless
Let all my sin, my mouth confess
And thus renew what You have made
From all that selfish sin decayed

Once clean and pure I shall rejoice
And praise with cymbal, string, and voice
For then in song and varied ways
Acceptable, you find my praise.

Saturday
When all is for naught at the end of our days
And vanishing clarity turns into haze
The proud of this world will see in a flash
That all they have worked for is nothing but trash

What lies up ahead through the trial and pain
The servants of God in their hope will attain
But those at the end of their pride and their ease
Wish now they had spent much more time on their knees

As long as there's breath there is time to repent
and change the direction our souls will be sent
Admit all your wrong and have sorrow for sin
And trust that His mercy, at last lets you in.

For proud it may be far too great of a task.
How could I admit such a falsehood, they ask?
Assured of "their truth" they have deigned to obey
They walk into Hell, and from Heaven away.


































No comments:

Post a Comment