Sunday, September 24, 2023

10/8/23 Through 10/14/23

 10/8/23 Through 10/14/23

Sunday
The vine is trained within a frame
To maximize its fruit
For like a child, if left run wild
In vain is the pursuit

With careful pruning, watered well
A harvest comes our way.
Untended though, but leaves will grow
And sour fruit our pay.

The Master gives the all we need
To fruitful branches grow.
It's up to us to then succeed
Or to the sluggard, woe.

Monday
Mother Mary, lead and guide me
Christ my Savior, feed and chide me
All my ways so crooked, bent
Lead far away from where I'm sent.

I rather seek for calm and still,
For comfort and my pleasure fill,
But just like Jonah find instead
That to the monster I am fed.

Tuesday
Come and spend some time with Me
All your daily cares let be
Just sit and listen, let Me speak,
There you'll find the peace you seek.

Worries all will melt away
If you listen and obey
My word will calm your greatest fear
If you'd be quieted to hear.

Wednesday
A merciful and gracious Lord
His depth of love quite unexplored.
We rarely understand His ways
For retribution fills our days.

He calls for man to be like Him
Not be the one so sad and grim.
Rejoice when blinded see the light
Give welcome then instead of spite.

For each of us has fallen too
And walked on Evil's Avenue.
Our debt could never be repaid
But Mercy has our debt allayed

Thursday
Lord, give me eyes to see beyond
The boundaries of time.
For deep within the heart has spawned
A mountain there to climb.

To see You answer every prayer
In ways beyond us known.
That show how much for each You care,
And none are left alone.

The thorns I pray to be removed
You say are thorns of love.
And many times before you've proved
Your ways so high above.

But still I beg for strength to bear
My little crosses well
To always make me well aware,
In weakness, You excel.

Friday
Lord, drive the demons far away
Then teach my soul to weep and pray
Repentance be my soul's desire
Then fill my soul with holy fire.

Swept clean of evil, filled with love
And modeling the best thereof
Oh, keep me safe forevermore
That evil be my path no more.

Your finger on me ever be
That evil, far away would flee
And place your Spirit deep within
To keep me ever far from sin.

Saturday
How blest are those who just obey
The ones whom Love has shown the Way
How pure and simple life becomes
When to His will, our will succumbs.

Love, who made our very being
One all-knowing, One all-seeing
 Knows quite well just how to fill us
What will bless, and what will kill us.

All He seeks for man is good
So, obey Him each man should
There all blessings shall be shown
There true purpose shall be known.

Sinful seek for only one
But the Father's only Son
Showed how love will conquer all 
If we but heed His daily call.














































No comments:

Post a Comment