Sunday, September 17, 2023

10/1/23 Through 10/7/23

 10/1/23 Through 10/7/23

Sunday
The irony, not lost on me
That learned are such fools.
For pride is blinding what they see
And what they learned in schools.

The Lord of all we see and know
Has clearly shown the way
To where on earth that we should go
To never go astray

The Church He gave to be our guide
And with us on our way
Forgiving when we fall to pride
And teaching us to pray.

Her Sacrament, a refuge for
A sinner such as me
Who wants to love and wants to soar
Yet turns from being free.

Monday
Oh, angel present all my days
Give light in darkness, lift the haze.
Protect and guard each step I take
Receptive to His will, mine make.

In ways I should have recognized
You prompted soul, and will advised
From many snares, you saved my soul
Fulfilling well your given role.

But often too, I've turned away
When all too hard I found the way.
Then you would lead me to return
And always something more I'd learn.

So good He is who made us all
His "Come to Me." that blessed call.
And you my precious holy guide
He charges, "Bring him to My side."

I pray to follow well your lead
And all your subtle promptings heed.
That nevermore, astray I'd go
And only truth and goodness know.

Tuesday
In resolute determination
Jesus works to save each nation
All are precious in His seeing
Every single human being.

If we too, adopt His thinking
Not from pain or trial shrinking
Men will recognize the sweetness
And in Him find their completeness.

Lost will beg, "Let me come with you."
Foreigners as well will wish to
When they see that God is guiding
And your every need providing.

Even when in desolation
Steadfast for the whole duration
Love's incredible assurance
Always there to grant endurance.

Wednesday
The charge, "Rebuild." is made to man
To what was there when time began
A unity profound and deep
Between the Shepherd and His sheep.

But sin destroyed the temple there
For men were walking unaware
That every little turn from Him
Made prospects ever grow more dim.

Until they looked around to see
Such ruin for their destiny
And try to turn before too late
To change their dark and awful fate.

Thursday
To reach the soul that's sick with sin
And bring a healing deep within
Among the wolves, you send the sheep
And many with afflictions steep.

Then somehow weak are made the strong
And winners, those who suffer long
For when we trust in You alone
Our finest seeds of love are sown.

The fruit may not be ready seen
But in their minds the many glean
A morsel there to ponder well,
An maybe later, one to tell.

Friday
So many times we've turned away
So many times we've gone astray
So much You've given all mankind
And yet so little love can find.

Released from Egypt's fetters bound
Unfaithful in the desert found
With plenty blessed in Promised Land
But disobeying Your command.

Your Son not spared to save our race
Yet still our sin brings great disgrace
Your patience far beyond our own
A love like Yours was never known.

So once again Lord, please forgive 
With You, your servant wants to live
I wish to leave my sin behind
And so, Your peace and wisdom find.

Purgation may I undergo
Then only pure and holy know
With spot and wrinkle gone from me
To spend with You, eternity.

Saturday
Turn ten times more to seek Him
Let every heart remain
No need to sing a bleak hymn
Arisen, Lamb once slain.

As captives gone, in joy returned
Remembered by our God
Those smitten so, but never spurned
The cold, by love are thawed.












































No comments:

Post a Comment