Saturday, May 27, 2023

6/11/23 Through 6/17/23

 6/11/23 Through 6/17/23

Sunday - Feast of Corpus Christi
(To the tune of Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence)

Here in thoughtful time reflecting
On that great and wonderous gift
Soul and body Christ protecting
Sin from in the sinner sift
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Needy poor and beggar lift

Bread of heaven feed and guide me
Precious Blood my drink Divine
Wounded heart to lead and hide me
In the boundless love of Thine
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Greatest gift of all is mine.

Daily Eucharist is calling
To the table of the Lord
Day by day the curtain falling
Showing us how much out-poured
Alleluia, Alleluia,
Come receive the One adored.

Monday
In what does the love of our Savior consist
But in showing His children just how to exist
As humble and docile and innocent souls
Who vie for the lowly and servanthood roles

For there in the suffering, anguish, and pain
The greatest of insight and wisdom they gain
Not seen in the moment but over the years
How truly were blessings from God with the tears

Just look how He tells us what's good and sublime
And how to the mountain of God we should climb
Be meek and grant mercy, be mournful and poor
But know that in heaven your place is for sure.

Tuesday
Morning by morning He opens my ear
Giving grace to respond to all that I hear
The question is How do I listen each day,
How well do I act on all that You say?

The lamp should give light to all in the room
dispelling the darkness and brightening gloom
Sharing, but always, the flame undiminished
Only by doing will work e'er be finished

Wednesday
All of the happy have sacrificed much
They followed the law and the promptings of such
For our God is loving and shows us the way
If we are but willing to trust and obey

Not a word or a letter is left unexplained
The fulfillment of all in the Son is attained
For one that is spotless, unblemished, and clean
We all must become through the mercy we've seen

Don't call a sin "little", for nary such thing
Perfection is what all who enter must bring
It's there right before us if we would but try
By accepting His mercy and training the eye.

Thursday
Let the veil be gone forever
Let the veil be now removed
Let us here, the sinful sever
Truth within the heart be proved

Look to clearer skies before us
See without the haze of sin
Let the Spirit's light restore us
Freshening the light within.

Friday
Ablaze with love, the Sacred Heart
Such love, I wish to know
So often seen in sacred art
But rarely known, one so.

Aflame in one Immaculate
Without the stain of sin
A one that loves like Him in that
She's clean and pure within.

That I, one day, would be as such
I can't imagine now
But to that hope, I pray and clutch
That I would change somehow.

By grace, and with a helping hand
I too, could be afire
A one to act on His command
And quench my love's desire.  

Saturday
A heart that's clean and pure for me
I wish, someday, that I would see
Without the stain of sin to foul
Afar away from Satan's prowl

For now the world and devil reign
But in the Cross's shadow wane
For there upon that bloody hill
Our Savior sacrificed His will

His will subordinate to Love
Of righteous Father from above
To show the weak and humble man
How pure and clean his life began.

How sin destroys this purity
And what a life of love can be
He calls me to the Cross to see
The depth of love He has for me.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment