Sunday, May 14, 2023

5/28/23 Through 6/3/23

 5/28/23 Through 6/3/23

Sunday
The breath of God gives life to all
But all to sin, at some point fall
We need the Spirit's mighty wind
To save the masses that have sinned

The fire of love that Jesus showed
Must somehow in this world explode
To turn from self to common good
And let the Truth be understood

Oh, send once more the wind and flame
Be glorified, His Holy Name
Cut deep into the stony hearts
Replacing them with fleshy parts

Enable all with clarity
To see the fruits of charity
And also see where folly leads
So all would turn from evil deeds

Oh, use the feeble small, and weak
In ways of love and pow'r to speak
That all would know it's only You
Anointing what the humble do.

Monday
Lost is innocence in garden
Gone for now, to all on earth
Blinded eyes and hearts that harden
Longing for a second birth

On the cross, again in garden
Sinless hung, and there below
Perfect love obtaining pardon
That the sinner, love would know

One forgiving all the sinners
Who would come to Mercy know
Making poor and humble winners
In Love's soft and warming glow.

Maiden pure, and oh so holy
Fairest Mother ever be
Help me give myself as wholly
So to live with Christ and thee.

Tuesday
To find the peace He offers man
The man must give all that he can
To be as happy as the Christ
Our all, must too, be sacrificed.

Wednesday
Oh Lord, come visit man today
Let man rejoice, and dance, and pray
For light has come where darkness reigned
Eternal life the man has gained

Once barren, now in tender shoot
The will of God our one pursuit
For there our happiness is born
Just like that blessed Christmas morn

So we must go in haste each day
To quietly, and humbly pray
And there receive our daily bread
To be with hidden graces fed.

Thursday
Son of David, have pity on me
All that I ask, is please let me see
The cry of the beggar that comes to His ear
Is heard from the humble, as one loud and clear

The ways of the Lord, so high above ours
A purpose He gives to each of our scars
From the flash of a spark to the raging of fire
Our God is awake, and never will tire

He gives what we need in the timliest ways
His love will abound throughout all our days
The trials that come He works for our good
For He is our Savior we nailed to the wood

But the grave couldn't hold the King of all kings
By His resurrection, salvation He brings
The dark of the night is a thing of the past
The light of His love, forever will last.

Friday
Oh Lord, a feeble friend I've been
For close to me is careless sin
Not sin of blatant greed or vice,
But sin of lacking sacrifice

A fine facade put on for show,
But You, the naked truth well-know
I often fail to make the grade
Of saintliness to which You bade.

Constrained to what is here below
The truth of all I'll never know
That You are Way and Truth and Life
With words that cut as sharpest knife

A soul as mine, to You well-known
Great mysteries and wonders shown
But still a long long way to go
To in Your blessed graces grow.

I turn to You and plead for more
From in Your treasured Mercy store
That somehow, someday I would be
The person You intended me.

Saturday
How often too, I look to prove
What's right before my eyes
But evidence the heart can't move
If I persist in lies.

For well I've known what He commands
But claim unclarity
For I reject what He demands
Refusing Truth to see.

When right before my eyes He stands
In perfect charity
The model of what love demands
Contemptible to me.

I aks on what authority
He works His signs of grace
He turns the question back to me
Who fails to Truth embrace

How wretched and how wrong I've been
For failing to believe
Forgive my life of selfish sin
To Truth, now let me cleave.
























No comments:

Post a Comment