Sunday, April 16, 2023

4/30/23 Through 5/6/23

 4/30/23 Through 5/6/23

Sunday
What must I do to be saved?
What hope for the poor and depraved?
This Jesus who lives, a great gift that He gives
Is forgiveness that ages have craved

The day of redemption is here
The One who casts out all our fear
Arose from the dead, just as He said
And will never again disappear

So, repent and be washed in His blood
Be free of the grime and the crud
Let the Spirit come in and wash away sin
With the grace of a Baptism flood

Monday
Athirst my soul for the living God
Though broken, humble, and many-flawed
He chooses not the strong and tall
But chooses them that give their all

No hired hand that runs away
But one that with the sheep will stay
When danger threatens all around
A one resourceful there is found.

May Joseph my example be
For in that humble one, I see
A man in tune with God alone
Who followed well the pathway shown

Tuesday
I told you but you don't believe
You see, but still do not perceive
My works all testify what's true
But still, a faith is lacking you

Take a step and test to see
Then tell me what's supporting thee
Is it the work of brick and stone
Or just My hand and that alone?

I know far more than ere you know
And I will lead where you must go
It shall be difficult at times
For all who on this mountain climbs

But if you trust in Me you'll see
A banquet there awaiteth thee
And all I asked you to endure
Was meant to happiness ensure.

Wednesday
If only men would this believe
The risen Christ they would receive
Though many years ago He came
He works this very day the same

The heart He draws to what is true
And then He picks a chosen few
To trust in ways that others spurn
To greater depths of love to learn

The few, in turn, the flock shall lead
And with the blessed scripture feed
Then daily bread shall be the fare
For all who come and worship there.

Thursday
We see in Him the Great I AM
Redeemer, Savior, God and Man
The One to make the waters part
The One we see with flaming heart.

So humble to become a man
The God who made when time began
He reached so low to save the soul
Whose innocence the Devil stole.

So hard for man to fathom love
The One of wealth, so giving of
That He would stoop to be a man
One crucified within the plan.

Amazing Love, how can it be,
That You, my God, should die for me?!
Thy mystery astounds today
And this is why I wake to pray.

To speak with One who fashioned me
And try my best that I should be
As He envisioned long ago
A one that truest Love would know.

Friday
How close our Lord would like to be
We rarely ever get to see
For time to sit and ponder such
Our busy world is lacking much.

But in a quiet, holy time
I ponder such and pen a rhyme
For there I see He loves me so
And there my soul is wont to go.

Come with me too, and rest awhile
And let His heart, your heart beguile
For there in quiet stillness bides
Our God whom every good provides.

Saturday
Have I been with you all this time
And still you do not know?
The One to whom the children climb
Is Me to whom they go.

For though as Three, a One are We
Come ponder that awhile
And maybe then, a glimpse you'll see
Of Godly union style.







































































No comments:

Post a Comment