Saturday, April 8, 2023

4/23/23 Through 4/29/23

 4/23/23 Through 4/29/23

Sunday
Hearts afire with flaming love
For God came down from up above
And opened minds to understand
The beauty of what God had planned

That Christ would die, and rise again
No mind imagined there and then
For when they saw Him crucified
Upon the cross, all hope had died.

But this fulfilled the Father's plan
Of making God those merely man
The price of sin was paid that day
To show to man the holy way.

In every day the food we eat
 Is changed into the mortal meat
But when the Eucharist consumed
The man is changed. Divine assumed.

Monday
Just because your belly's full
You feel a basic earthly pull
But not because the signs are there
That Christ is One beyond compare

Beyond the earthly, we must go
To Christ as King and Lord to know
To share His great humility
And serve the least to set them free

To love and sacrifice are one
But such in me has just begun
The pull of all that wastes away
Is firm in me until this day

I beg You Lord to set me free
As Stephen and the martyrs be
That all this world I would forsake
To just with You, an hour partake.

Tuesday
A one that naked ran away
In darkness on that fateful day
Returns in robes of glory bright
To preach the way and truth, and light

The lion signifies his name
When in the light of Gospel fame
A war-like one to preach the way
Of peace, if we would Christ obey

Wednesday
The Bread of Life, eternal food
Was given for this sinful brood
That those in hunger come and feed
And here receive the all they need

Not all of merely getting by
But all to stretch beyond the sky
And watered well by running streams
Fulfilling all our hopes and dreams

Oh, never let me stray from Thee
Betraying Him who set me free
But let me always humble be
Obeying what He asks of me

For there eternal rest is found
With Christ as King, forever crowned
Hunger thirst and strife are gone
For Christ has risen with the dawn

Thursday
In Bread is where the Life is found
Of One to all the world astound.
True flesh He gives for man to eat
And so, the Lord of lords to meet.

Real food that hunger satisfies
And union with our Savior buys.
That blind no longer, man can see
The way He clearly marks for thee.

In water, washed and sanctified
By Bread and Wine all fortified
To spread the Kingdom far and wide
And be to wayward souls, their guide

If where the Spirit leads, we go
The Church, by leaps and bounds, will grow
And those in darkness then will see 
We only have our life through Thee

Friday
Give warmth to me dear Lord I pray
For chill befalls this very day
Though I have heard Your word so true
Yet still remain afar from You

I seek to know You every day
But still, do often, fall away
Concerned with comfort, pleasure, ease
I fail to Holy Moments sieze

Oh, make the scales to fall away
That I might see the light of day
And bear the cross that You provide
For You are always at my side.

Saturday
How shall I make a return to the Lord
For graces and blessings, abundant outpoured?
Abundant He gives and abundant received
But often have I, in return, the Lord grieved.

His path is the way to the blessings we seek
But His path is no way for the timid or weak
The humble can see in the way that He calls 
How giving, receiving, and glory befalls.

But all I can give is all that I own
And do what I can to make the Lord known
His ways are all timeless, and worthy, and true
And worthy of knowing by more than a few.

If all men could see what I've seen and would know
His way is the way that all men should go
The way of the docile, and humble, and meek
Will lead to the happiness all men now seek/














































No comments:

Post a Comment