Sunday, October 2, 2022

Miscellaneous stuff from my phone

 A Prayer
Lord I beg You lead my way
At every step throughout the day.
Speak Your whisper in my ear
That I, to You, draw ever near.

It's a Baby
The baby said hello today
You felt it move a tiny way
A little movement deep within
That sent a tingle through your skin.

A little peanut deep inside
A separate life can't be denied.
a loving mom is all it needs,
A womb that's safe and breast that feeds.

Did some go wrong? the people say.
But none went "wrong" to get this way.
God meant that sweet embrace to bring
Forth love and not a sordid fling.

Help
Lord of lords, we have no wine
No fruit upon this aging vine
A tired, weary, grey-haired crew
That only seeks to service You.
A deathbed promise none can keep
With only shepherds and no sheep

Another Prayer
To the presence of God may I bring
A heart full of love for my King
For His mercy extends to my sin without ends
To the Eucharist, now may I cling.

But First
You call and I'm anxious to hear
But first, I must see if I'm clear.
I'm busy today, but I'll make it some way
If You just come a little more near.

"Come spend a little time with me."
You ask, and how I'd love to be,
But soccer's at noon, and I'll see You soon
You know, You're important to me.

"Come follow, for I show the way"
"I'll be right there, just as You say.
I'll do what You ask, right after this task,
I can't let my chance slip away."

Quite busy, but faithful am I
The Lord knows how hard that I try
It's just how it goes, as everyone knows.
No chance that I ever would lie.

So first I should get on my knees
And first I should ask what You please
Let drivel go by as I ponder the sky
And need for the quiet appease.

Adoration
To sit before the Holy Bread
The soul of man is slowly fed
Silence stills the heart and mind
Till peace and joy we seek and find

Miserable this world of ours
Damaged by sin's so many scars
Mine alone would foul the well
Where springs of living water swell.

A cleansing must be undergone
To purify this land we're on
To cleanse the water of this stream
And realize the country's dream.

Narrow Way
Destruction's road is clear and wide
Inviting to the eye
And those who take this road decide
To narrow way pass by

To leave behind the sacrifice
And hope for better days.
Rejecting now the Lord's advice
To follow in His ways.

The narrow way of self-control
And seeing other's need
Is how we reach our final goal
To love like Him indeed


















No comments:

Post a Comment