Saturday, October 8, 2022

10/23/22 Through 10/29/22

 10/23/22 Through 10/29/22

Sunday
Too easy, Lord to see in me
The traits of one such Pharisee
That boasted of his trust in law,
But never through the mire saw,
Or ones who found some "first" to do
Each time they heard a call from You.
A foolish maiden lacking oil,
A one engaged in useless toil
For all of these I clearly see
Are fools sometimes describing me.
But too, I pray, that You will see
When judgment comes, humility.
For all that pride has done for me
Is shown how little I can see.
What blinded fools on earth we are
That could not make a single star,
Breathe life into a body cold,
Or find a way, a thought to mold.
But You have made each work of art
And in each work, free will impart.
This "will", the greatest work of all,
Both given great and given small.
A choice to make a god of me
Or choice to praise Your Deity.
Please do what must be done in me
That wise and humble I should be
So when that fateful day arrives,
My soul, repentant, yet survives.

Monday
Ought naught this child be rendered free
And cured of her infirmity?
Is Sabbath rest more dear to thee?
Then you and I must disagree.

The time is now that all be healed
The love of God to be revealed
A Sabbath rest is good you see
But better, cured infirmity.

Tuesday
A little goes a long long way
Sometimes it's just a word You say
That sparks a thought and starts a chain
That draws unto eternal gain

A flash of light that clearly shows
The path by which salvation goes
Or word of caution in the night 
To draw me to the ways of right

Let grow in me that mustard seed
Providing shelter that I need
That one day I might come to be
The way that You intended me.

Wednesday
All is well when all goes well
According to His plan
When evil comes we must not dwell
Within the realm of man

But see beyond the trial here
To find the narrow gate
And rise unto a higher tier
In hope, as we await.

His coming here gives hope to all
That find the narrow way,
But first we must address the call
And humbly, Him obey.

Thursday
There's war that rages deep within
The war of righteousness and sin
A fight with powers yet unseen
To draw us down, or keep us clean.

The weapons given man to wield
Are more than normal sword and shield
But weapons from the Spirit's store
That arm us for this bitter war.

A war already won by Christ
Who on the cross, so highly priced
As Spotless Lamb, atoned for sin
So men could His salvation win.

Friday
May I build a firm foundation
May all sin be overcome
May it last my full duration
Never it, to pride succumb.

Handed on for generations
Each to come, inspired by love
Faithful born to change the nations
Setting sights on land above.

Noting how they love another
Preaching well without the words
Neighbor loved akin to brother
Peace and harmony begirds.

Saturday
Life is but a simple sojourn
Love to Love our destiny
Satisfied, we yet although yearn
For a land we cannot see

His the will that must be chosen
That the man be truly free
Otherwise, in slavery frozen
Chained in selfish misery

Be the lower, others higher
Every opportunity
Hopefully, by this acquire
Access to humility

Knowing how the heart is haughty
Seeking self at every turn
Humble is the way we ought be
So a higher place to earn.


No comments:

Post a Comment