Sunday, August 21, 2022

9/4/22 Through 9/10/22

 9/4/22 Through 9/10/22

Sunday

All lesser loves must fall away
For man to find the winsome way.
Family too, is but a dream 
When juxtaposed to Love Supreme.

I offer all this day to You 
And plead You guide me safely through
Each minute, hour, and every day
I beg Your mercy on the way.

For oft, I've strayed and looked to gold
To be my refuge from the cold,
Or looked and found created things
I turned into my useless kings.

No more I wish to play the fool
The flame of faith I wish to fuel
I beg You let me share Your cross
And count all other gains as loss.

Monday
The hands, for good or ill, may serve
I look at them and there observe
A mix of good and bad achieved
But by the many sins aggrieved.

Each withered in so many ways
By sin throughout the many days
Longing to be healed by Thee,
A crooked sinner, straight and free.

Tuesday
A single touch can bring a change
A single word can rearrange
The way we think and how we act
And what, from Him that we extract.

Prepare my soul oh Lord, to hear
And fill me with that holy fear
That dreading to offend at all
I answer readily Your call.

Wednesday
Lord if You walked the earth today
Of how I live, what would You say?
Would I be blest, or I be woe?
In honesty, I do not know.

I've labored for the things I own
But where I stand is yet unknown.
For have I done as You desire,
Or seek to many things acquire?

I fear to see what might have been
If just more docile I had been.
And what if souls were lost by me
Neglecting well to speak of Thee?

It's none but mercy that I plead
And beg the saints to intercede
That by His blood I be made clean
And only in His blood be seen.

Thursday
All works together for our good
Revealing One they nailed to wood
The darkest hour will be as light
When He returns in pow'r and might.

Fear not the present trial borne
For after darkness comes the morn
And light will make the suff'ring seem
As nothing but a far-off dream.

Friday
Cure my blindness, help me to see
All where I'm lacking closeness to Thee.
Just how my selfishness pride and conceit,
In truth, what I'm proud of will be my defeat.

Make me a servant, humble and true.
May I be counted as one of Your few.
One serving the poor and the needy You love
As just one of the poor and the needy thereof.

Saturday
Queen of Silence, Blessed Mother
Teach me how to love like you
One with Christ as like no other
Grant the grace of holy view.

You that pondered all was given
Clear the mind that I may hear
From my heart be evil driven
That His word be loud and clear.

Only in the silence granted
Clarity of purpose known
In the heart, His word implanted
Seeds of wisdom there are grown.

Built on rock through meditation
Acting on the word we hear
Often heard in adoration
Where His presence, oh so near.

Grant that every generation
Come to know what you have known
Blessing every land and nation
Feeding every seed that's sown.





























No comments:

Post a Comment