Sunday, August 7, 2022

8/21/22 Through 8/27/22

 8/21/22 Through 8/27/22

Sunday

Jesus Lord of all creation
Calling men from every nation.
Come and share My Father's table
Enter in if you are able.

Narrow be the gate you enter
Come the humble and the slender
Come enter now My Father's rest
For many try but fail the test.

Fat and proud may try to enter
They that shunned the Holy Mentor
Those hearing what He had to say
But failing to His word obey

Sounds of grinding teeth and wailing
For the trying but the failing
The foolish ones who knew the way
But in their pride would not obey.

Monday
Woe to those who lead to sin
Who welcome not His Spirit in
Had you such zeal for righteous ways
Then God would welcome in your praise.

But you distort the good and pure
The blind and lame you fail to cure
But cloud the way for those who seek
And lead astray the young and weak.

Wake up and see that doom awaits
Another lie no dread abates
Repent and let the truth be told
Then truth will shape a proper mold.

A mold reflecting light and grace
One drawing to a better place
Where love and sacrifice we bring
And Christ will reign supreme as king.

Tuesday
My Jesus, Lord, I come today
Another word, another day
Another prayer to see Your will
Another page with love to fill.

The tempter tries to draw away
And lure me in another way
With any thought to spur the mind
Exploring rabbit holes I find.

But You, I know, have food for me
Sometimes it takes a bit to see
But when I ponder what You say
I find Your food to last the day.

Today you warn of blinded guides
And all who lead astray besides
With outside clean and rotten core
They play the virgin when the whore.

Camel swallowed, gnat be strained
When evil in the heart retained
I overlook the plank to see
The splinter that's annoying me.

If I but see my health within
On life support because of sin
I must repent and turn around
To make one lost as one that's found.

Wednesday
A firm foundation Lord You laid
And with their lives Apostles paid
Three years of seeing all You did
And in Your final hour they hid.

But these You chose to pass along
The faith to which I now belong
You filled them with the Spirit's grace
Then all would execution face.

But not before the world was changed
And thoughts of God were rearranged
The God of love had come to earth
So sinful men could have new birth.

How oft rejected though it be
The word would set the masses free
But wicked ones so steeped in sin
Would kill than rather change begin.

Give me, oh Lord, the strength to die
And not from suffering to shy
That always may Your will be served
And grant me mercy undeserved.

Thursday
Thank you to all who will feast on His word
And thank you to those who act on what's heard.
No greater the blessing than knowing the Lord
The gift that the poorest of poor can afford.

It gives me great joy to see in my tribe
A love for the Lord that is hard to describe
A love that will humble and sacrifice much
Giving always the best with the gentlest touch.

Bring the young to the Lord in your everyday lives
See that love of His beauty and majesty thrives
Open the way for the young to believe
And grace from above you both will receive.

Carry on with the faith, be a force for the good
Model for all, the One nailed to the wood.
My joy be abundant for all of your tribe
The joy of the Lord that is hard to describe.

Friday
Through the foolish, not the wise
Man will see with clearer eyes
See the truth that love proclaims
And the sinfulness that shames.

Wise are often foolish though
Unprepared for where they go.
Helpless to the time endure
Wanting love, but immature

Find the oil fill the lamp
In the word of God encamp
Know not when the time is near
Filled, await Him not in fear.

Saturday
He chooses weak confounding wise
The low before the prideful eyes
The humble docile He endows
For in their hearts does love arouse.

The wise and learned fade away
When looked upon that final day
For all that counts when earth is gone
Is did I pass the faith along.












































No comments:

Post a Comment