Saturday, June 25, 2022

7/10/22 Through 7/16/22

 7/10/22 Through 7/16/22

Sunday
Not if far-off lands away
Or far across the sea
Is His command and perfect way
Intended just for me.

Within the reach, before the eyes.
As close as you to me.
Not hidden in some cheap disguise,
But there for all to see.

To do, is that which still remains.
The hardest part you see,
for only if my will contains
The action am I free.

My neighbor surely I must know
Is anyone in need.
I come across the way I go
And love by word and deed.

The chance arrives in every day
To stop or just pass by
To follow in the Master's way
And help the other guy.

A neighbor sure I want to be,
But can I spare the time
To help another one to see
The way this hill to climb?

Monday
Let love my motivation be
And sacrifice at home in me
The widow's mite dropped in as love
And trust in providence above.

No more self-loving acts of greed
Or sacrifice to ego feed
But acts of love in every case
Will strengthened by accepted grace.

So weak am I but strong art Thee
Attend, I beg, my humble plea.
So make me like a saint of Thine,
Let love through all the darkness shine.

Tuesday
When the day of judgment comes
And truth for all is known
Pride to purest love succumbs
And all our sins we own.

His patient love has waited long
And signs from heaven sent
Inviting to His fold belong,
But ye would not repent.

Sodom and Gommorah met
A swift and just decree
But if repentance you forget,
There's more that waits for thee.

So turn this time, delay no more
And as was Lot, be saved
And then the King of kings adore,
Be nevermore enslaved.

Wednesday
One childlike in trust and hope
Will find the peace for which we grope.
The Father be revealed to those
Obedient, who goodness chose.

But they that choose another way
Will seek, but never thirst allay.
For He reveals to little ones
The way to be the Father's sons.

Thursday
Lily of the Mohawks pray
That all would come to Christ this day.
That those so steeped in worldly cares
Would find the One their burden shares.

That they would find in Holy Bread
The source by which the soul is fed.
Abiding in His presence there
A joy and rest beyond compare.

Then learn to trust His every word
And turn their back on others heard.
For peace prevails when we obey
And follow in the Master's way.

Friday
Without wisdom, we falter
And fall into sin.
Then forsaking the altar, 
Our pride will creep in.

When entitlement minded
With gratitude lost
Then to wisdom, we're blinded
A terrible cost.

So remain with the humble
And trust in the One.
Watch the obstacles tumble
When faced by the Son.

Trust in God and God alone
One forever true
Recognize when clearly shown
Love of Him for you.

Saturday
Oh Lord, how easily we're fooled,
By passion and by pride, we're ruled.
The flesh we feed and world obey
And rarely ever stop to pray.

When filled with noise we cannot hear
By silence only, we draw near.
Give pause to us throughout the din
To rest a while and enter in.

To enter in the world of love
And peek our head, the clouds above.
To find the beautiful and true
And draw us ever near to You.




No comments:

Post a Comment