Saturday, June 11, 2022

6/26/22 Through 7/2/22

 6/26/22 Through 7/2/22

Sunday
This morning here I plow again
The soil of my heart.
I turn my gaze from other men
And inwardly I start

To see the ways I've turned from Him
And to the mortal flesh.
The light I've covered, making dim,
And zeal I must refresh.

So easy to be satisfied
And take the wider road
Then in a downward spiral glide
And trample seed once sowed.

The days are full, and time is now
To resolutely turn
To Christ the King, and then avow
For Thee, I truly yearn.

Monday
The King, no place to lay His head
Yet has within what prophets said.
A peaceful, calm, and trusting way
That is His strength in every day.

Without the world, He still survives
And on the food of God He thrives.
Obedience the strength He shows
To conquer all the world's woes.

Tuesday
Listen well to prophecy
Let it penetrate and see
How much He loves and cares for thee,
And why, corrective, He will be.

Angry water, wind so high
Fear for all that we may die,
Rebuked for how we've turned away
Forgetful of our Master's way.

Trusting while in stormy seas,
Seeking daily on our knees
Amidst the storm will bring us calm
And be our helpful, healing balm.

Wednesday
It's pillars were gone, it should have collapsed,
But two thousand years and more have elapsed
And still on the earth, she proclaims with a zeal
The message of love and His sacrifice real.

Aided each day by the Mother and Son
Who both at the Cross, our victory won.
His all that He gave us, in bread and in wine
Is that which will save us, far more than a sign.

Each day awaits a trial new
Another test for folks like you
But faithful meet it all head-on
And so the Church will carry on.

Thursday
Speak when ere you hear His voice
A simple yes, let be your choice.
Follow promptings given you
Be not surprised what He will do.

Those that bear the stretcher find
He answers them as well in kind.
Sin removed and joints made strong,
We once again, to Him belong.

Friday
A famine worse than any known,
No crop to yield from seed that's sown.
No lamp to light the traveller's way,
No whisper sound to point the way.

It scares me more than lack of food
To think the One my heart's pursued
Would speak not for my daily bread
And thus my spirit go unfed.

I long for every morsel sweet
My sustenance, my bread and meat.
Without Your word I can't survive,
Your loving voice keeps me alive.

Bring not this famine to our land,
But change the hearts that evil planned.
Renew the minds of those grown cold,
And gather strays within Your fold.

Saturday
A vision of heaven think clearly we see
Yet best we imagine is happy with glee.
The day sure is coming, in fact, it is near
When life in the now, is life without fear.

The wine of this vineyard, a new skin requires
Or lost be they both, and smashed our desires.
A new way of thinking, of self as the least.
A way of forgiveness to conquer the beast.

So join with another and strengthen the two
Implore from the Lord all His graces for you.
Taste of the sweetness of love from the Vine.
See all He has promised and know it is thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment