Sunday, January 30, 2022

2/13/22 Through 2/19/22

 2/13/22 Through 2/19/22

Sunday
There's enemies without,
And enemies within.
The battle lines are drawn,
But where do we begin?

Without, the enemy is clear.
Within, not quite as much.
But more the hidden one to fear,
A sly and cunning touch.

Reliance on the strength of men,
The enemy within.
Without, the sins of other men
More obvious have been.

But trusting in the Lord is where
The strength is really found,
And trusting men, like desert bare,
A wasteland all around.

But planted near a stream the one
Who trusts in God alone.
The living water from the Son,
No greater power known.

Unfading in the year of drought,
The leaves remaining green.
With root that broadly stretches out
To that life-giving stream.

Monday
Rejoice in trials on the way
And ask for wisdom every day.
In tested faith we persevere
And so, to Christ, draw ever near.

Not tossed about by every wind
Like those denying how they've sinned
And doubting of the Father's love
To bring repentant souls above.

The man of faith can see the sign
And recognize the Son of Thine
By love unbounded every day
That points us on the righteous way.

Tuesday
Let my desire clearly be
To ever closer draw to Thee,
That no temptation may occur
That would my weakly will deter.

Grant me vision crisp and clear
May your voice draw ever near.
Signs and wonders all around
That lead to You are daily found.

No worries for the trusting soul
That listens to what's on the scroll,
For field and flower proudly wear
His love in robes beyond compare.

No lack in any situation
He controls all of creation.
Trust and see that He provides
When the one loaf He divides

Wednesday
A dim reflection, all I know
For quite a way I have to go
Sin has clouded what I see
Not as a person, but a tree.

Another touch from Thee I need
"I want to see, dear Lord," I plead.
Not walking trees or cloudy way,
But clear the path I walk today.

Give me polished silvered glass
Let my obedience surpass
The times when looking, I ignored
The need for change to come aboard.

My will I offer now to You
To mold and shape as You would do,
That when they look at me they see
A glass reflecting only Thee.

Thursday
So, who do you say that I am?
The question He puts to each man.
Lord, You are the Christ, 
Who so highly priced
Every soul since when time began.

And who do YOU say that I be?
Any more than the crowd do you see?
On your answer depends
Where eternity spends
In flames, or in heaven with Me.

Friday
What profit be so many gains,
If all is lost and ends in pains,
Where rust corrodes and moth destroys
The chattel of so many toys?

For willing sacrifices now
Endure eternally somehow,
And earthly gain will seem as naught
When heaven's gain at last is bought.

But know my friend, that's just a term.
For entry there you cannot earn.
By grace alone you enter in
When God forgives of all your sin.

So work must prove the faith you own
And trust you have in God alone,
To save the sinner and to glean
The grain from chaff and make it clean.

Saturday
In Christ transfigured there we see
Just what the man was meant to be.
Clothed in splendor, robed in white,
Shining in eternal light.

Yet one on earth alone is blest
The Virgin pure who passed the test,
Whose fiat bore for man the way
To once again see light of day.

Her tongue, it was changed history.
Her "Yes" to love is life for me.
How sweet and pure that tender voice.
Unselfish love her humble choice.

Steer me along the path with you
To find the love that's warm and true
To learn it's in the humble way
To meet our Lord, and light of day.































No comments:

Post a Comment