Monday, October 11, 2021

10/24/21 Through 10/30/21

 10/24/21 Through 10/30/21

Sunday
The cry of every heart should be,
"Oh Lord, I want to see!"
For blindness plagues our world today,
And few, the Word obey.

He pitties those that come to Him
In all humility
For when it's mostly dark and dim,
He gives the light to see.

In every situation now
I call upon His name.
For evil, yes, He will allow,
But strengthen just the same.

Monday
Bent and crippled, bound in sin,
Unforgiveness deep within.
Let the Healer cure today,
Wash the stain of sin away.

Lord I'm bent in many ways,
Sin I've had for many days.
Now is time to be renewed,
Come to me in humble food.

Come again with sin confessed.
Penitent, most highly blest.
Touch me with Your healing hand,
So at last, erect I stand.

Tuesday
Anticipation groans within
As we remain those steeped in sin.
Our hope is for what is not yet,
For hope is what we hope to get.

No eye has seen nor ear has heard
The promise of His faithful word.
But this we know, from death He rose,
And those who hope, are those He chose.

So wait in hope, enduring all,
For every seed that's frail and small
Contains within, as mustard seed
The fruit and flow'r to fill our need.

So germinate and spread the more
The crucified whom we adore.
He grants the grace to conquer sin
If we would just invite Him in.

Wednesday
My hope is in Your mercy Lord,
For what You have I can't afford.
The gate so narrow, hard to find
The weight of sin weighs on my mind.

But mercy is my only plan
For all I try, I never can
Obtain the holiness I need
To at Your banquet table feed.

For Yours is mercy to the last
I try, but fail to keep my fast, 
But when Your Spirit comes to me,
Great prayer and fasting will I see.

Thursday
Foundation stones both firm and true
Is what the Lord will make of you
Who listen well and then obey,
And never from His path will stray.

The call at first, just stay with Me
And listen well for eyes to see.
Then let My spirit guide your way,
And He'll provide the words to say.

The call is not for just a few,
But normal folks, like me and you.
To make disciples of all men,
And turn their hearts to God again.

The source and summit of our lives
Is more than fuel, but also drives
The faithful witness to proclaim
The wonders of His Holy Name.

Like those before us, let us try
Regardless if we live or die
To spread the love of Christ our Lord,
And find in that our great reward.

Friday
Pressured just to get along
And follow ways of men.
Ignoring when a thing is wrong,
Becoming like them then.

Who think they know what's wrong or right
By how they feel today,
Who cannot tell the black from white,
But see in only gray.

Don't take the bait of pleasure now,
And damn the way of love,
For virtue is the means of how
We find our way above.

And they that try to make the rules
Will see their ways awry
When it's too late for selfish fools
Who God to be will try.

Saturday
Humble find within a time
That which brings repose.
Haughty find within that time
What you would suppose.

All we have is given by
One no gift could give.
His providence alone that
Chooses us to live.






















No comments:

Post a Comment