Tuesday, October 5, 2021

10/17/21 Through 10/23/21

 10/17/21 Through 10/23/21

Sunday
If suffering, Your will for me,
Oh Lord, then bring it on.
Grant me the patient eyes to see
Before this life is gone.

That which makes my body cower
Makes me more like You,
If humbly I accept the power
By doing what You do.

This prayer, I dread You answer me
For pain disturbs my mind.
But seeing what a man can be
Is where true peace I find.

Help me to serve in every way
Your will would ask of me,
And let me hear that final day,
Come share the joy with Me.

Monday
The harvest waits for willing hands,
For those who follow His commands,
But few are those who labor well,
And of the Gospel story tell.

So pray He send into the field
More laborers to sickle wield,
And gather to the harvest feast
The great as well as also least.

Tuesday
Unknown the joys of serving well
That only faithfulness can tell.
Though fleeting fancies turn the head,
By faithfulness, the soul is fed.

But all too often, temporal wins
And magnifies our many sins.
Then fear of suffering will bring
Attachment to a temporal thing.

And more will only show our need
The more our emptiness to feed,
Yet emptiness is only filled
By doing as the Master willed.

Wednesday
Before me always, there the cross
All other gain I count as loss.
No greater love that I should know,
No greater debt, than that I owe.

Be one at work on His return
Make faithful service your concern.
For we the blest with much must give,
That those less fortunate may live.

Thursday
All are slaves to some degree,
Yet Jesus Christ has set us free,
That we might freely choose to slave
For One who all our sins forgave.

The ways of sin all lead to death,
But soon enough our dying breath
When that we love will be our all,
And those that love the sin shall fall.

So let me slave for love Divine
And then, at last, all love be mine.
He offers nothing less than all
To those who answer well the call.

Division, He has come to bring
To purify the final thing,
And all shall pass through blazing heat
Before, at last, the Lord they meet.

Then what is left beyond the fire
Is love alone that we admire.
For where true love shall reign supreme
No hint of sinfulness is seen.

Friday
Far from where I'm meant to be
With many signs directing me,
Yet still I choose this path of mine,
And not His latest, clearest sign.

So who will rescue one like this
From life amid the great abyss?
Thanks be to God, it's Christ our Lord,
Who precious blood, for me out-poured.

Saturday
Your will be done in all I do
Dear Lord is what I ask of You.
My flesh be always cast aside
To make my will with Your's allied.

A task assigned to everyone.
Obedient, have that begun.
But those without the fruit to show,
Shall of the way of fire go.

With wisdom and humility
The path be lighted so I see,
How only in Your word can be
The hope for my eternity.






















No comments:

Post a Comment