Saturday, August 21, 2021

9/5/21 Through 9/11/21

 9/5/21 Through 9/11/21

Sunday 
Our faith arrives by what we hear
Through faith, we find our Lord is near,
And that of which we've come to know
Our life will soon begin to show.

Without the ear attuned to hear
The speech is never very clear.
Impeded by our failings when
Instead of God, we follow men.

So listen well to know the way,
Then you will speak as clear as day,
And others find His word in you 
Through all you say, and all you do.

Monday
Each one a labor given thee,
A way of love to come to Me.
Let each complete the work assigned 
And in the Father's presence find
The withered heart and hand restored
With grace abundantly out-poured

A Sabbath rest is good for man,
But Sabbath in the Father's plan
Is not a time for evil deeds,
But understanding well our needs.
To follow as the Lord commands,
And let Him heal our withered hands.

Tuesday
Principalities and Powers
From our God in flesh now cower.
For in His holy body shone
The humble love of God alone.

Obedience has conquered sin,
Faults forgiven, cleansed within.
Nailed upon the awful tree, 
All the evil plaguing me.

Now in turn, I must obey,
Learn to sacrifice and pray,
Seek the love that conquered death,
Praising till my dying breath.

Wednesday
From ancient times this day foretold,
Barren wife at last consoled.
The purest virgin of our race,
Dawn of mercy, dawn of grace.

Thursday
This day a gift from God above
My duty now to add the love.
To find the lowly, poor, and weak,
And give to them the love they seek.

To measure out without reserve,
To be a humble one, to serve,
To lend a hand to those in need,
And by example, sow a seed.

Friday
I see quite well the splinter there,
The speck of dirt, or misplaced hair.
Yet blinded I so often seem,
And fail to see the wooden beam.

You're at my side throughout the day,
Yet frequently I tend to stray
This beam that often blocks my view
Is pride unchecked that quickly grew.

Forgive my many failings Lord,
Be You alone, my great reward.
This beam I wish to quickly shed,
And be a humble man instead.

Saturday
Lord help me act upon Your word,
Your every call that I have heard,
And so a strong foundation build
For house of love, with wisdom filled.

So much to me, You have to say,
But busyness can fill my day.
Distractions draw my eyes from You
Alacrity, I then eschew.

Lord help me see beyond the haze.
Your Spirit set my heart ablaze.
That every word, I act upon,
And light within, be like the dawn.





















No comments:

Post a Comment