Saturday, August 14, 2021

8/29/21 Through 9/4/21

 8/29/21 Through 9/4/21

The world wants to know what's wrong,
But bothers not to think too long.
They act to change the broad array
Without reforming their own way.

To save the lives, the guns must change,
But then again, it seems quite strange.
The weakest and most needy one
Is cast aside fore life begun.

They look to see another's ill
Without a thought to their own will.
They say they have the right to choose
Without a thought to what they lose.

So, how to fix our world today,
Remains the same as every day.
Those blinded by their pride, you see
Are those that need to change, not me.

Monday
Just how would I have looked upon
This man I once knew well,
Would I have given time to spawn
The words that He would tell.

Or would I rush upon the man
Intending to do harm,
Would faith in Him that just began
Be cause for such alarm?

Today as well we still project
Upon the holy ones
The sins to which we all object,
But teach to all our sons.

Lord let me not a wound inflict,
But simply pass me by,
Then in my heart of hearts convict,
Contrition then supply.

Tuesday
In love, He came not to condemn,
But change the hearts of sinful men.
The Father's love to man reveal,
And sickness of our sin to heal.

I see, and so believe it's true,
But find myself so far from You.
Yet still, You knock and enter in
Each time I turn away from sin.

If I could just describe Your love,
The patience and the kindness of
The One so far, and One so near,
I'd find the end of doubt and fear.

Wednesday
A healing both complete and fast
A memory for years to last,
Of how God loves and cares for me
That often I would fail to see.

How fickled, I at times can be,
Impatient with impiety,
Forgetting all that He has done,
And acting as He's given none.

When none was spared by Him for me
The shroud proclaims His victory
The Gospel in each stripe and thorn
His sacred countenance adorn.

Thursday
Put out into the deep, He said,
And let your ways, by Me be led.
I'll teach you how to fish again,
But this time for the souls of men.

Friday
He brings new wine to all who live,
And teaches them to freely give.
To let their hearts and souls expand
To see what from the start He planned.

But fresh must be the way we live,
And many times we must forgive,
For fresh expands and always grows,
But old will lose the wine it knows.

So make each day, a day anew,
And let His Spirit grow in you.
Abandon that which holds you back,
Let Him provide what ere you lack.

Saturday
Lord of the Sabbath, determine for me,
Where is the right, and what is the key,
How to discern when to rest is to be,
Or when action would far more appropriate be.

Truest devotion, a heart full of love,
God in our flesh, come down from above,
To show to the feeble, the way of the Lord,
And see in all things, how His love is out-poured.






















No comments:

Post a Comment