Saturday, January 30, 2021

2/14/21 Through 2/20/21

 2/14/21 Through 2/20/21

Sunday
The leper touched by Christ our Lord
Was cleansed, renewed, and so restored.
No more cast out, a thing of shame,
But one restored, who spread His fame.

Lord, touch me too, make clean my soul.
Restore the peace that sin has stole.
Unite me with Your flock once more,
From leprosy of sin restore.

Monday
Those always seeking for a sign
Refuse to see His grand design.
They close their eyes to thousands fed,
And fail to see His flesh as bread.

We too are blind so many times
And fail to see our many crimes,
Yet point the finger to and fro,
And never come our sins to know.

Examine well the things you do,
And know what motivates you too.
Is pride and greed the driving force,
Or love of God and man the source?

Tuesday
Lord, still I fail to understand.
My heart and mind You must expand,
That gifts of Spirit come my way
Enlightening my mind today.

Understanding clear and true
Of who I am, and who are You.
Knowledge of Your mighty power,
Strength to trust in darkest hour.

Counsel when I am confused
Courage when I am accused.
Wisdom to be still and pray,
Make fear of Thee my rule today.

Wednesday
Now is an acceptable time
The guilty, those steeped in their crime
Should repent and be saved, be they priest or depraved
As the summit of meekness they climb.

In His mercy to sinners, we see
Great compassion will fall upon thee
While He washes from sin, that the Spirit come in
And make of the slave, to be free.

Be slothful and tarry no more.
For He knocks and awaits at the door.
Turn your back on the sin, and welcome Him in
Learn to praise, and to love, and adore.

Thursday
The Promised Land before us lies
Our crossing Jordan there implies
A boundary where freedom reigns
If truth and righteousness remains.

If daily we would lift the cross
And look upon our sins as loss.
Then like unto His love we'd be
And see that's where we're truly free.

For He that suffered much did rise,
And showed Himself to faithful eyes,
That man would know, love reigns supreme, 
And Promised Land is not a dream.

How much I long to see that land,
But only glimpses have I scanned.
The cross, too often have I shed,
And chosen desert land instead.

Oh, touch my heart and make me strong,
Grant courage when the night is long.
Let me endure what ere may come,
And learn the depths of love to plumb.

Friday
How can my fasting be improved,
All selfishness and guile removed?
By loving those with whom I live,
And learning well to freely give.

Not with selfish ends to gain,
But patiently enduring pain.
Forgetful of myself to find
This fasting of a different kind.

It sounds so easy, but it's not
For rarely is myself forgot.
Especially when pain is near,
To give much more, invokes a fear.

Yet when we face that dreaded foe,
Our God of love we come to know.
And see how true in every time
Is everlasting love sublime.

Saturday
Your call has come to sinful man,
"Come follow Me today."
Leave behind your earthly plan
And find a better way.

The things we give such honor to,
Our wealth, or pride and fame,
Cannot bring peace and love to you,
Or call you by your name.

One only here that offers peace,
Contentment, love, and joy.
A happiness to never cease
That nothing can destroy.

So come repent, and turn around,
Be born anew today.
In Christ alone, true wisdom found,
In Him alone The Way.

Reserve not anything below
Where nothing satisfies
Our only goal is Him to know
Whose light has filled the skies.
























No comments:

Post a Comment