Saturday, November 14, 2020

11/29/20 Through 12/5/20

 11/29/20  Through 12/5/20

Sunday
Would that You would rend the skies,
And there before believing eyes
Have come and found us doing good,
As every Christian person should.

But withered leaves, polluted rags,
We offer You in filthy bags.
Not one among us pure and clean
Our every sinful act You've seen.

So  mold us at Your Potter's wheel,
Make our repentance firm and real.
Grant us along this Advent way
The grace to serve You well today.

Monday
An empty net beside the sea,
A voice that echoed, "Follow Me."
St. Andrew recognized the King,
And many others would he bring.

Lord, help me follow well his lead,
And grant me all the grace I need,
To many others, show the way,
And faithful servant be, I pray.

Anxious to more souls convince,
When faced with pain, he did not wince.
He counted all his gain as loss,
And joyfully embraced the cross.

Grant me a measure of such grace
To honor You in every place,
And join my suffering to You
That You should bless the things I do.

Tuesday
So drastically, He turns around
The way the things on earth are found.
The child leads the wild beast
On grass the lamb and lion feast.

Let such a change be done in me
That those I know could plainly see
This change the Lord has brought about,
To make of me a soul devout.

It's real, and not some fantasy.
With open eyes, I now can see.
How foolish is the world's way
And gifts abundant when I pray.

Wednesday
Juicy rich food, and pure choice wine,
A promise His, and hope of mine.
A broken web, the veil removed,
Now powerless, has death been proved.

Tears be gone, the face be cleaned,
The Lord of all has intervened.
Rejoice, be glad, His hand is shown.
His favor rests on all His own.

Thursday
To hear and act upon His word
Is not to act in ways absurd,
But building a foundation strong
To stand for right and face the wrong.

The proud be trampled in the dust,
But welcomed in the ones who trust.
And those who hear, but won't obey
Are far along destruction's way.

Friday
My light and my salvation Lord,
One thing I ask of Thee.
Have pity on Your helpless ward.
For Lord, I want to see.

For faith, You granted eyes could see,
And sent us on our way.
How could such thing, a secret be,
That brightened every day?

No more a secret, all should know,
Our Savior, Thou art He.
To only One the poor should go,
For there salvation be.

Lord open other eyes like mine
That all the world could see
You are the loving, fruitful Vine,
No other is like Thee.

Saturday
Oh Lord, what brings that blessed day
When all is right in every way?
Where tears are gone and bread is found,
And running streams are all around.

Where meadows broad, and lush with green
And fattened sheep are often seen,
Where clear Your voice is recognized
And truth is never compromised?

Blest are those that wait for You
That praise Your name, and what You do.
For great the wisdom You supply,
And always true, Your quick reply. 

No longer sheep with shepherd gone,
But to the Shepherd, all are drawn,
And sent to gather others in
To peace and love, where strife had been.








































No comments:

Post a Comment