Saturday, April 18, 2020

5/3/20 Through 5/9/20

5/3/20 Through 5/9/20

Sunday
As Shepherd suffered, so the sheep
A gift, such company to keep.
To find the gate we search the least,
And find the One whose flesh is feast.

This total gift to all mankind,
The path to peace and joy we find.
The cross, that rugged piece of wood,
Our way to all that's true and good.

Repent and turn from former ways
Then let His Spirit, in you blaze.
Receive abundant life and know
He's there wherever you may go.

Monday
Good Shepherd come look after me,
Rebuke the wind and calm the sea.
Fend off the wolf that seeks to kill,
Keep me within the Father's will.

Your Spirit send as constant guide,
Be there to guard my weakest side.
My Teacher and my strength to give,
My Guardian, and will to live.

Tuesday
His voice will call in many ways
As light shines forth in many rays
Illuminating beauty there,
Revealing One beyond compare.

For never does the choir cease
To praise the manifold increase
Of grace and glory new revealed
From every facet once concealed.

Impossible to plumb the deep
For lost and wand'ring little sheep.
But little sheep can hear His voice
And let it guide their every choice.

Then they will find it peaceful there
Where love is found beyond compare,
And rest among His gloried rays
Anew for everlasting days.

Let mystery increase our trust
To see with every point discussed
A greater love than ere we knew
For simple sheep like me and you.

Wednesday
By fasting and prayer so much can be done.
By these simple methods, a soul may be won.
Eternity gained in the bliss up above,
By these simple acts,when performed with great love.

The fasting and praying proceeds being sent.
This practice He gave for much more than Lent.
It gives to us clarity, peace, and resolve,
The strength to hold on, and problems to solve.

Depriving oneself of a good that we've known
Strengthens the will, and the practice has shown
Beneficial in breaking attachments of flesh,
And giving perspective that's clean, new, and fresh.

So take up the discipline every day
Enhancing the power of words that you pray.
Be not afraid of the things that you lose,
But be much encouraged when this way you choose.

Thursday
Come holy One to me, oh come,
To endless grace, let me succumb.
Receiving One, but truly three
Please have Your holy way with me.

I want no more the ways my own,
But only You and You alone.
For all is what I find in You ,
And none, in all the things I do.

Friday
Do not be troubled, trust in Me,
Have faith in God, and faith in Me.
This way will not be trouble free
But faithful ones, untroubled be.

Though storms be raging on the sea
The faithful heart, untroubled be.
He sees beyond the tempest storm
And lets this view of future form.

A way of peace through choppy sea
A calm amidst a dread disease.
A way the faithful hearts desire
A coolness in the midst of fire.

Saturday
When prayer is left without reply
Is that a reason to deny,
Or might there be a higher way
Unseen to us amid the fray?

My prayer, it seems without effect.
I wonder Lord, why You reject?
Perhaps I pray to have my will
Forgetting love means free the will.

Each heart that hears must freely choose
When softened by His many clues,
But still they have the right to spurn
And from Your holy face to turn.

Mine not the place to wonder why
Or try to fix the other guy,
But simply hope and humbly pray
They come to see the light of day.


























No comments:

Post a Comment