Saturday, April 11, 2020

4/26/20 Through 5/2/20

4/26/20 Through 5/2/20


Sunday
Lord pour Your Spirit forth in me
That all I meet could plainly see
The risen Lord made manifest
Within this one so highly blessed.

With heart aflame and zeal to share
Good News of love beyond compare,
That Christ has risen from the dead
To free the captives, as He said.

There's freedom in His narrow way,
And those who find it often say
His way is best and far above.
His way is blest and filled with love

Monday
What exactly do I seek,
When with the Lord, take time to speak?
Are motives pure and undefiled,
Like unto, the little child?

Or is there selfish ill-intent,
In all the time, with Him I've spent?
Not always pure, indeed it's true,
My special morning time with You.

But You are always waiting there
To teach, and draw me closer where
I see the folly of my ways,
And somehow manage through the haze.

You're always there despite my pride.
My humble, patient, perfect guide.
Who waits to hear, "I'm ready Lord,
To live again with you restored.

Lord make this be the final time
My follied way is set to rhyme.
Repentant may I always be,
Do what You will to humble me.

Tuesday
Now I offer myself to You
The object of all that I do.
Freely I give, that all may then live.
Believing when my life is through.

Your bread is the loaf I desire,
The manna I wish to acquire,
The bread from above that will fill me with love,
A disciple's identifier.

Lukewarm is too tepid for me,
Red hot I would much rather be,
So drive away fear, and let me draw near,
Your glory, I so want to see.

Wednesday
Oh Lord, those wounds of passiontide.
The hands, the feet, the head, the side,
So many lashers deep and raw
A suff'ring like no other saw.

Oh hide me in those wounds divine.
Forgive these many sins of mine.
Make me a herald of Your grace
At anytime or anyplace.

Thursday
A life without the Bread of Life,
Where none can find their way.
Is one where wickedness is rife,
And rarely, people pray.

Their god a distant deity
Who cares not for his own.
They search with great intensity,
But find themselves alone.

But Jesus came to show the way,
The truth and life as well.
He gives to us the bread each day
Of which the Gospels tell.

In simple bread and wine we share
The gift of love divine.
The answer to our every prayer,
The Lamb of God so fine.

Unblemished sacrifice of love
So total, full, and true
Our way to endless life above
For those like me and you.

Friday
Partake each morn of daily bread,
The food, on which, the angels fed.
To every man He speaks His word, 
But oh so few, have ever heard.

Each man will walk Damascus road,
Yet many kick against the goad.
A chance to see, awaits us there,
If to obey, we trust and dare.

Saint Joseph in your special way
You taught us trust, and to obey.
You acted on the angel's word
By love, obedience was spurred.

The Ark's protector, spouse, and guide.
The Chosen One, your sinless bride.
Defender of the family,
Please intercede for those like me.

The blind that truly want to see,
Those bound, that long to be set free.
The leader needing to be led,
The hungry waiting to be fed.

Conversion be our daily goal
The way to make the sinner whole.
Damascus road where we receive,
If in the Bread of Life believe.

Saturday
No other place for life, to go.
You word is hard, but true, we know.
Though little now is understood,
We know it's true, and know it's good.

So feeble in our understanding
Ways of God that seem demanding.
Ways that lead to life and light
Ways against the flesh that fight.

Giving rather than receiving,
Pressing on when not perceiving.
Trusting in Your spoken word
When others think Your way absurd.

Lord we've come to thus believe.
We've seen how You can interweave
The bad with good to make us grow.
No other One, for life, to go!

























No comments:

Post a Comment