Saturday, July 6, 2019

Prayer in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament


Prayer in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament

A weak little kitten, this body of mine.
Now come to this place, just to waste here, some time.
In view of the body, in bread here adored,
Who gave of Himself, blood and water out poured.

Replete with the mercy that comes from above,
The Savior redeemed with His heart full of love.
So tired and wanting of none but to sleep,
In sorrow You ask, but one hour to keep.

So much that You give and so little You ask,
I pray for the strength to be up to the task.
My privilege is spending an hour with You,
For grace upon grace is granted anew.

So few will partake of this wondrous gift
Where freedom and truth, through my actions will sift.
Revealing my sins and the ways I have strayed,
Giving grace to repent, and for times I've obeyed.

Here heaven and earth occupy the same room,
With saints all around, who in trust, came to bloom.
So make of this weak and incompetent man,
A flower to bloom in the course of Your plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment