Saturday, July 20, 2019

8/4/19 Through 8/10/19

8/4/19 Through 8/10/19

Sunday
No barn can hold the treasure true
Of knowing One who loves like You.
The daily toil for earthly gain
Is shown for all to be in vain.

No benefit to scrimp and save,
For none will pass beyond the grave.
The only wealth we take above 
Is that of our self-giving love.

So work, but trust all to His care
And patiently all trials bear.
Build abundant wealth of love
That lasts into the land above.

Monday
The belly screams to satisfy,
And Spirit whispers, "Mortify."
Two calls, one screams, so always heard.
Another whispers, "Seek My word."

One a temporary pleasure,
One a lasting, valued treasure.
One another link of chain,
One that brings us heaven's gain.

Feed both body and the soul,
For both are needed to be whole,
But listen 'till His voice is heard,
And follow well His sacred word.

Tuesday
Attentive to the candle be.
As it illumines darkness, see.
In patience wait with watchful eyes,
Till Morning Star at dawn will rise.

Oh Lord, these words can frighten me,
For often I have failed to see,
Then turned to dark, with light to back
And failed to keep my will on track.

I wait as watchmen for the dawn.
And though I fail, to light, am drawn.
I long to see Your shining face,
And feel Your welcoming embrace.

Wednesday
Grant me faith, oh Lord I cry.
Or in the desert I shall die
The barren waste is all I'll see
Instead of life eternally.

Let me recognize each day
How much You love, and how to pray.
Humbly let me come and plead,
Then follow anyplace You lead.

For I am weak, but Thou art strong.
Grant courage when I suffer long.
Keep me ever close to You
Forgetting never what You do.

Thursday
Rock shall yield a flowing water,
Doubt not works of loving Potter.
Leave behind on desert sand
Works that mind of man has planned.

Follow in the way divine,
But with the world intertwine.
A catalyst for change there be,
And lead the people close to Me.

Friday
Twas never known, a god like this.
Just pause a while and reminisce
Of how His love for man is shown,
And how He makes His presence known.

For love He freed from slavery,
For love He split the mighty sea.
For love He fed with daily bread,
For love, from rock, the water sped.

For love, in humble birth He came
To freedom from our sin proclaim.
For love He taught and showed the way
That men should give of self each day.

For love He preached and masses fed.
For love He healed and raised the dead.
For love, upon Him, sin was placed
For love, the ugly cross embraced.

For love, in glory, He arose
For love, each one of us, He chose.
For love, He bids you, "Follow Me."
For love, your cross will set you free.

Saturday
With bountiful sowing we bountifully reap,
So why should the blessings, we selfishly keep?
The Lord gives the grain both to feed and to grow,
So satisfy hunger, but bountifully sow.

By dying to self will the grain multiply
Abundance of fruit the good Lord will supply.
The giving away of what God has bestowed
Is how barns are made full, and the cup overflowed.

























No comments:

Post a Comment