Saturday, November 3, 2018

11/18/18 Through 11/24/18

11/18/18 Through 11/24/18

Sunday
Lord, how to stand that final day
When earth and heavens pass away?
So many things on earth revered,
Such base attachment then is feared.

Will I but have the fortitude
To change my selfish attitude,
And sacrifice each worthless thing
To greet my Lord, and Savior, King?

Monday
I want to see with clarity
And have conviction deep in me
To break the chains and turn away
From all that leads my soul astray.

To many things, attached I've grown,
But each of them has always shown,
This longing can't be satisfied
Except by him they crucified.

Tuesday
Blind unto my nakedness,
I ask You Lord, to see.
In shame, I daily must confess,
I fell away from Thee.

Come and dine with me today,
Remind me of the time,
I climbed to see You on the way
And You forgave my crime.

Give me the courage and the grace
To trust You once again.
Let me look upon Your face,
Becoming strengthened then.

Wednesday
Lord, how you work, I do not know.
We only get, when we let go.
And when we put to work the gift
We often see the spirits lift.

The treasure You have given me
Must not be saved, but given free
To those in need I'm called to serve
For what is saved is not deserved.

Thursday
Let my eyes become a fountain
When I look upon the mountain
And regret each passing day
That Your people fail to pray.

For the greatest gift bestowed
In a stream of love that flowed
From a heart of perfect love
One the same with God above.

Came to you in humble way
To expose the light of day,
But you rejected Him as loss,
And placed your King upon the cross.

How I long for thunder's roll
When He opens up the scroll
And reveals to every man
Stunning wonders of His plan.

But too late it then will be
For the ones who fail to see.
So please listen now and hear,
So that day you have no fear.

Friday
Have I hungered for Your scroll,
Let it change, and make me whole;
Found in there a taste so sweet,
Contentment sitting at Your feet?

Have I hung on what You say,
Cleansed my heart and changed my way;
Have I found the precious prize, 
Or just another cheap disguise?

Is Your word to me, a treasure,
Gold and silver cannot measure;
Have I yearned for your command,
To rule my heart, and all the land?

In Your ways do I rejoice,
Follow You in every choice;
Find Your law as my delight,
Great counsel in the darkest night?

At first there's sweetness in the scroll,
The words that make the sinner whole.
But when digested, bitterness,
For all the sins I must confess.

A thrashing there by whip and cord,
From justly angered God and Lord. 
A driving out in utter shame,
Of all the things, in me, profane.

Saturday
It's all about the after-life
The things we do today.
For then there is no man and wife
In that eternal day.

Our world here reflects but such
a dim and cloudy view.
But if we have the Spirit's touch,
We know what Moses knew.

He's Lord of living, not the dead.
We're only passing through.
But here on earth the Lamb has fed
His flesh to make us new.

And though we die and all appears
Our hope was but in vain,
All the snears will turn to cheers
The day we rise again!












































No comments:

Post a Comment