Sunday, June 24, 2018

7/8/18 Through 7/14/18

7/8/18 Through 7/14/18

Sunday
My strength I'd like to boast about
My pride take root, and ego sprout.
But everyday I lose a bit
And everyday I must admit,

No strength of mine has ever won
A new disciple for the Son.
My back has never borne the load
Of travelling the narrow road.

In every case of progress made
In weakness, come and find He bade,
To see His strength in simple trust,
And once again, my way adjust.

Monday
Oh Lord, Your spouse I wish to be.
A ready bride receiving Thee
Responding to Your every touch,
And never saying that's too much.

I want Your every gift to me
If even now, I cannot see
How they complete your holy plan
To make of me a Godly man.

Tuesday
Sometimes a blessing not to speak
When all is but a foul critique.
But then a curse to be found mute,
If we a falsehood won't refute.

One is wisdom from on high,
The other cowardice drawn nigh.
One a precious gift of love
One disdain for God above.

Oh give me grace and words to say
In every challenge faced today
And let my silence only be
Reflections of Your word to me.

Wednesday
The more productive we have been
The deeper still we fall to sin
So break new fields and plow new ground
Let once again His love be found.

For earthly wealth will disappear
And those who trust it crouch in fear
The day when Justice comes to reap,
And separate the goat from sheep.

Thursday
Protect the vine You planted here.
To every bud or shoot draw near.
Prune the branch that bears no fruit,
Let Your word, in all, take root.

Oh raise this child to Your cheek
And to the little baby speak.
Set Your word so deep within
That he will dread the thought of sin.

Friday
No greater love that man has known
Than one would leave his earthly home
And sacrifice all that is dear
To just, the God of love, draw near.

But that is how He calls each one
To meet the Spirit, and His Son
To sacrifice reflections for
The God of love, who offers more.

And what the spirits humbled learn
Is how to truest love discern
Transforming merely earthly love
To that far greater one above.

Saturday
With glowing ember from the altar
Make my words to never falter.
Cleanse me with the fire of love
Like unto the ones above.

Woe if I but fail to say
What God has given for this day
I must proclaim His word of grace
At every time, in every place.





















No comments:

Post a Comment