Saturday, June 2, 2018

6/17/18 Through 6/23/18

6/17/18 Through 6/23/18

Sunday
This tender shoot, this mustard seed
The Lord provides their every need
Sufficient light and gentle rain
His love aright in spite of pain

By parable He shows the way
That speaks to us and molds the clay
Outstanding draft, commanding height
His chosen craft to shine the light

Each story brings a message clear
That otherwise we wouldn't hear
And every time we ponder well
His love sublime, within will dwell.

Monday
Your way, it seems so strange to me
That I should let the evil be
And not resist its clear advance, 
But take a simply passive stance.

I want my justice here and now
I want to make things right somehow
I can't sit back and let them win,
I have to work and conquer sin!

But who then, comes to conquer me
When I, so righteous, pose to be?
Who puts me in my proper place
Of rightful shame and due disgrace?

For only You are righteous Lord
And only You can judge this hoard
Perhaps if I would not defend
There'd be less judgment on my end.

Perhaps allowing anger spent,
In shame the evil would repent.
Perhaps in giving all I own
Much clearer I would make You known.

Tuesday
Elijah loved enough to say
You're following an evil way
Revealing to the wayward one
The wickedness that he had done.

Our love must too, run deep enough
That those in danger we rebuff
And lead in all humility
That they might see with clarity.

Wednesday
Seeing what Elijah had 
Elisha went all in
He wanted not some cloak to clad
A chilly mortal skin.

But a spirit strong and bold
A double portion too
Far greater gift than finest gold
Far better to accrue.

Thursday
Attune you ears to hear His voice
Amidst the gentle breeze
Tune out the loud distracting noise,
And listen if you please.

Then you'll receive your daily bread
Conversing with the Lord,
And find yourself to be well fed
With mercy there outpoured.

Forgiveness found as you forgive
In shame admitting guilt
In love the way we need to live
So harmony is built.

Friday
How foolish one who treasures
This transitory state. 
With rust and mold who measures
The things considered great.

For in this world of entropy
Where all decays in time
You'd think, of course, that we would see
A better path to climb.

But narrow is that better way
And rocky is that road
Much easier to go astray
And kick against the goad.

One thing alone remains at last
When all has passed away
No rust or mold could e're surpass
The gift of love each day

So don't be fooled by glittering 
Of temporary gain.
Love's steady glow a better thing
But comes not without pain.

Saturday
Each day I ask a little more
And He responds in time
Not knowing what He has in store
With each new little rhyme.

A trust to give the daily bread
I need so desperately
Each time I find that I am fed,
But how's a mystery

The One who knows all that I need
Says, worry, cast away.
Just listen well and I will feed
Your spirit every day.


















No comments:

Post a Comment