Friday, December 8, 2023

12/24/23 Through 12/30/23

 12/24/23 Through 12/30/23

Sunday
What kingdom lasts forever here
Where men grow old and death is near?
Like grass, they wither, flower fade
They last a while, then pull the shade.

But promise made him long ago
Within the hearts remained aglow
Somehow they knew the promise made
Would somehow in some way be paid.

A Virgin chosen who obeys
Who ponders in her heart and prays
To bear the One both God and man
To somehow reign forever can.

For this is One death cannot hold
Not bound by sin as kings of old.
One Holy King forever crowned
To free what chains of sin had bound.

Monday
What can I say that's left unsaid?
The Babe that's born will soon be dead
In all the world of ages past
There's nary but one thing to last.

Such love that God became a man
To show how much the mortal can
Be like unto the God above
If man would simply learn to love.

In manger lies the Prince of Peace
Whose love for man shall never cease.
His poverties endured for man
To show His love since time began.

Today we celebrate this gift
And praise unto the Savior lift
But lest our joy misunderstood
Recall to mind the sacred wood.

Tuesday
Jesus grants His grace to martyrs
Not the sort of thing one barters
But a gift that's freely given
To repentant and forgiven.

Love's the key to man's heroics
Love inspired martyred stoics
If we learn to love when steady
Grace will come when time is ready.

Love the neighbor brash and vicious
Though he be one found pernicious
Love is that which softens stone
And that which changes hearts alone.

Willingness to suffer hearkens
All whom pride and envy darkens
When they see love has no ceiling
Then the love becomes their healing.

Wednesday
What I've seen, what I've heard
What I know without a doubt
Him the Light, Him the Word
Him the prophets spoke about.

Now is risen who was dead
Now ascended to the throne
By His body we are fed
So to never be alone.

Be a lover, a disciple
Come and meet the Lord of love
He the One, the archetypal
From the Father up above.

Of the Father's love begotten
Co-eternal is the Son
Precious souls are not forgotten
Shown the way to be as one.

In His presence peace of mind
One contented, satisfied.
In His holy place we find
He, The Risen, Who once died.

Come and see, come and hear
Come to know whom I have known
Come in faith, not in fear
Let Him make you now His own.

Thursday
How well do I listen, how well do I hear?
Do I act out of wisdom, or act out of fear?
Am I tuned to the channel of Almighty God,
Or listening to that devilish fraud?

Is my self in the way of what's commonly good?
Do I act in the ways that I know that I should?
Do I care for the poor and the needy I see,
Or just pass them by thinking only of me?

Do I honor what's good and what's holy and pure?
Do I falter in trial, or do I endure?
Is commitment much deeper than surface that's seen,
Or all but a shell that disguises unclean?

You know me far better than even I know,
And that's why I ask, that You answer me so.
For blinded are many I see all around
And rarely those sighted with truth may be found.

So speak to me loudly, and speak to me clear
My hearing and seeing are faulty I fear
Sometimes I sure know as the Blessed Lord lives
That I need the persuasion a two-by-four gives.

Friday
Now let Your servant go in peace
Your word has been fulfilled
Your presence here shall now increase
Just as the Father willed.

The Light has come and darkness fades
Your glory now be known.
Let in the light, remove the shades
Soon Truth to man be shown.

Saturday
Things pondered in the Virgin's heart
Are just a way for man to start
To see with eyes of Heaven's gaze
And clear away the earthly haze.

What Earth can offer cannot fill
It's only in the Father's will
That satisfaction comes to man
In ways no Earthly chattel can.






































No comments:

Post a Comment