Saturday, August 5, 2023

8/20/23 Through 8/26/23

 8/20/23 Through 8/26/23

Sunday
This house of Mine is made for all
Who listen well, and heed My call
For every tribe and every race
Accepting of My holy grace.

For eye is not the ear, you see
And hand, a foot, can never be
They all are one as made by Me
Their prayer I hear as well as thee

So welcome with a ready smile
Your kindred of a different style
The salad made of all mankind
Is one in heaven you shall find.

Monday
So, sell it all and follow Me
For that's the way you're truly free
And here's the wealth you really need
To plant and grow that precious seed.

True wealth so few can recognize
Though here each day before our eyes
With arms outstretched to welcome home
The wayward ones that far do roam

Oh, keep me Lord not far from You
And guide my heart in all I do
So if somehow I start to stray
Your love would draw me back to stay.

Tuesday
The lowly chosen by the King
To peace and joy and vict'ry bring
He uses those on earth so small
Who answer well His simple call.

He asks for everything we own
For then His will is clearly shown.
And those who answer, "Let it be."
Are those who lead to victory.

Wednesday
When called, I pray to answer well
Without excuses then to tell
To use His every granted gift
To seek the good, and common sift.

To labor well for just reward
With grateful heart unto my Lord
What better way to sing His praise
Than follow Him through all my days

Attentive to His every word
No hesitation e'er incurred.
But one so willing all to serve
With nothing held as in reserve.

Thursday
For what a great foundation laid
With blood and tears Apostles paid
To lay the stones still here today
That teach us how to live and pray

The men that walked His path each day
And listened to the words he'd say
They gave them root so deep within
That all would lose their life for Him

No other held so deep a sway
No comfort could deter the Way
The fire of love that burned within
Was Jesus Christ, who conquered sin.

We too, must spread the word each day
And faithful be, if come what may.
For trial attends the word of love
But leads us to our home above.

Friday
A loyalty uncommon then
Was shown by Ruth to mother when
She chose to stay to be her aide
And calls to leave could not persuade.

Her gods of former days were gone
The One True God she counted on
She left behind her home and kin
To life anew with God begin.

Saturday
Humble let Your servant be
By placing souls in front of me
By putting others 'fore my will
And making love my nature's fill

For You who made the earth and sky
So humble, came to earth to die
To show what man was meant to be
When sin was conquered on the Tree.

No greater sign could e'er be known
Than Jesus on a cross-shaped throne.
Our King in all humility
Who suffered there and died for me.

Oh, let me share that grace, Divine
And place Your will ahead of mine
If that be suffering and pain
Grant all for my eternal gain.

The lowest place above with Thee
So far exceeds where I should be
But in Your love, the lost is found
So hear my humble pleading sound.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment