Sunday, July 9, 2023

7/23/23 Through 7/29/23

 7/23/23 Through 7/29/23

Sunday
Praying right, or praying wrong,
To which of these do I belong?
Too often I would choose to form
The Former to my sordid norm.

But that is not what's meant to be.
A patient Former wants to see
If weed will turn to wheat one day
Or go to fire that final day.

My weeds within be purged away
That none be left that final day
That harvest rich I would provide
And so, in heaven, there reside.

Monday
What sign could ever change a mind
Or cause one to believe?
Some way the faithless always find
Unto their doubt to cleave.

A gift from God alone it is
To see with faithful eyes
To see within the heart of His
A love that never dies.

Humility it takes to see
That He is God alone
If man would only humble be,
His eyesight he would hone.

But always asking more to prove
What's right before their eyes
The faithless only ever prove
That truth they will despise.

Don't be like them and throw away
Your chance for perfect love
But humbly with the faithful say,
"My Lord and God above!"

Tuesday
The earthen vessels carry gold
A mighty wonder to behold
His message trusted to the weak
To bring to all the lost who seek.

The place of honor here below
Means nothing in the place we go.
For all are separate works of art
With special gifts that each impart.

Wednesday
"What is it?" they cried at the drying of dew
The flakes on the ground He has given you
The food of the angels, now given to man
If daily they gather according to plan.

The people provided in heavenly ways,
But still in the darkness of slavery haze
Unable to see beyond earthly desire
He leads them by cloud and a pillar of fire

The ones that are trusting, and follow His way
Are met with delights at the break of the day.
But for those of the grumbling, dissatisfied kind
There's only the manna as all they can find.

Whatever God gives suffices for man
The patient and docile who follow His plan
Will find their delights in the Providence way
While the stubborn and grumbling languish each day.

So gather the manna with me every morn
And find that each day a new chapter is born
As Providence gives all we need and desire
Drawing us in, ever closer and higher.

Thursday
Cloud and fire were ready seen 
Yet many still remained unclean
Holding on to Evil's claim
Although it made them blind and lame.

Paralyzed by sin concealed
Although restored when sin revealed
forgiveness granted then to those
That His forgiveness freely chose.

For true it was, that He possessed
Forgiveness for the sin confessed
And what he truly offered men
Was chance to now begin again.

Friday
The ground so rocky, hard and dry
I wonder why, to plant we try.
Then looking inwardly I see
The hard and rocky ground in me.

Oh, break the clay and rock remove
Then water well to thus improve
That when the seed is cast my way
I should receive and then obey.

Let not the thorn be given root
To spoil then, my one pursuit
But help me grow and bear the yield
Expected from my humble field.

Saturday
On me, the Precious Blood has flowed
On me, His precious gift bestowed
The Blood of sacrifice He gives
And all my sordid sin forgives.

My sacrifice may not be blood
But with your Holy Spirit flood
My soul with love like Yours to grow
And holiness to others show.

By giving all I have to give
So others learn just how to live
And find the joy of knowing You,
The One so perfect, good, and true.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment