Saturday, February 25, 2023

3/12/23 Through 3/18/23

 3/12/23 Through 3/18/23

Sunday
Even sin, He turns for good
The way a sinful people would
If they but saw in clearer light
A way to make their wrongs a right.

But mercy touches deep within
Exposing there the depth of sin
Awakening a holy shame
So we might choose to love reclaim

Humility inspired there
A thirst to living water share
A freedom from the chains of sin
When Christ our King is welcomed in

Monday
So hard to see what's deep inside
The dark abyss of sinful pride
It clouds the mind, obscures the way
And leads to spiritual decay

Then why do I persist in pride
And set the higher way aside?
Concupiscence, this bane of mine
That draws my will away from Thine

Cleanse and purify me, Lord
Armor me with shield and sword
Make of me a soldier true
That puts my trust alone in You.

Tuesday
Have mercy Lord for all my sins
For mercy's where new life begins
Grant me a share of mercy then
That mercy I may show again

Make me a sacrifice of praise
Deliver me from evil ways
Let fire cleanse a selfish heart
And mercy, debtors, I impart

From slavery of mine, set free
That, "yes" my answer always be
To grace, you offer in the time
To always closer up to climb

In haste, so often there I fail
That blessed grace, to me avail
And only see when ere I fall
I failed to answer well the call.

So mercy is my constant cry
And never Lord will You deny
The humble heart that turns from sin
To welcome truth and love within.

Wednesday
What nation has so great a law?
Nay, who has seen what this one saw?
Through waters parted safe and sound
While there the soldiers all were drowned

While in the desert, richly fed
As daily came from heaven, bread
And water in the desert land
From barren rock on burning sand

Their God provided on their way
For all their need in every day
And gave that law from mountain high
So none would ere His love deny

Thursday
How bold to think that I could stray
And not His word to sure obey
The way of right and truth He knows
And on the Cross, that way He shows

This nation set apart in love
So richly blest by God above
Was given gifts to show the way
But in their pride has gone astray

The way to save both me and you
Is how to save the nation too
If we but turn to God above
And face our cross, as Christ in love.

The root of love is sacrifice
And on the Cross, He paid the price
To show how humble love can win
And triumph over death and sin

Friday
Sin, that dreaded slavery
That traps the folks like you and me
Is nothing more than selfish lust
That plagues the weakly man of dust

Love of God and neighbor too
Is what was planned for me and you
A way of perfect bliss to know
But yet another way we go.

Repent and learn what God has known
And on the Cross was plainly shown
That perfect peace and joy will come
By loving God, and everyone.

Saturday
Oh Lord is there yet hope for me,
Who blinded by my guilt can't see
Until I've strayed and lost the track
And humbly must come crawling back?

Each time I think I'm doing well
You show me just how far I fell
But if I turn away from sin
Your grace again is found within.
























No comments:

Post a Comment