Sunday, November 13, 2022

11/27/22 Through 12/3/22

 11/27/22 Through 12/3/22

Sunday
Just how might I prepare the way?
How might I more His will obey?
How might I ready for the hour
When Christ shall come in might and Pow'r?

The humble way he comes today
And at the Mass of every day
Is in the form of bread and wine
To be consumed and be made mine.

These humble accidents received
Must be, in truth, our God perceived.
For though the form is humble bread
The substance is my God instead.

If I but simply turn from sin
And recognize whom I take in
By this, I well-prepare the way
For Christ to come that final day.

Monday
A man of pagan deities
Can see far more than most of these
Who studied faith from tender youth
But fail to recognize the Truth.

For first the ground must fertile be
For seed to sprout and root for thee
Then clear of thicket, stone, and weed
That all attack the sprouting seed.

The powerful must humble be
In order to Messiah see,
And Christ will answer to the need
Of humble, tender, sprouting seed.

Tuesday
Many longed to see this day
Longed to hear the words I say
Longed for peace in time of war
Longed to know God more and more.

In this day made known to you
My flesh in simple bread, it's true.
Blood poured out as sacred wine
Daily, precious gift of mine.

Come and feast on daily bread
Listen to the words I said
Let them foster change within
Turn from every deadly sin.

Empty here your base desire
Come with Me through cleansing fire.
Fear not loss, for what you gain
Dwarfs the loss and temporal pain.

Wednesday
To love enjoy the flesh must die
And thus destroy the evil lie
That carnal pleasures satisfy
If just a little more we try.

There's no amount of pleasure here
No hoard that will not disappear,
And what is left is what will last
When chattel owning time is past.

But oh, how hard to see that day
When pleasure here gets in the way.
The blinders cloud the vision far
Deceiving many who we are.

As children of the greatest King
We're offered here the finest thing
If lesser things we will forego
To One of every blessing know.

The sacrifice of Love's demand
Will build on rock and not on sand.
And when at last, the flood recedes
What's left are only loving deeds.

Thursday
To those who answer not the call
Are words that scare me most of all.
The flood will come and none will save
Except for those, their all who gave.

I try to listen well and hear
A word that takes me very near
The way myself would like to go
And all the trials just forego.

But words that say to humble be
Still are daily haunting me
The more I give, the more He asks
With evermore the humble tasks.

Someday, I pray, before I die
I'd learn His way to always try
Instead of mine which goes astray
And always on the narrow stay.

Friday
Here below the clouds are gray
And gloom can often rule the day.
Just are punished, guilty freed,
The poor and blind for alms will plead.

But coming soon a day anew
For all the poor and blind, and you.
For all, a day when truth shall reign
The poor and blind will have their gain.

Fear not the ones the body kill
But fear the One Almighty Will.
His patient love has stayed His hand
But soon the Truth shall rule the land.

Eternity seems far away
But here and now, this very day
Could change the way the future goes
If we just follow One who rose,

Saturday
Send workers to the harvest
And let me be as one.
Not one to go the farthest,
But one his neighbor won.

One of action here below
Relying on His word
One to recognize and know
The Voice that he has heard,

















































No comments:

Post a Comment