Sunday, September 11, 2022

9/25/22 Through 10/1/22

 9/25/22 Through 10/1/22

Sunday
The all of earth here points to more
Yet all on earth engages war
To cling unto the good that's here
Or share with those who live in fear.

For sin includes the good not done
And I am too, a lazy one.
When need appears that we can fill
We must obey His holy will.

Our eyes must see the suff'ring one
And not pass by with good un-done
Or one day roles will be reversed
And we be counted with the cursed.

Give me a seeing, loving eye
To not the poor and sick pass-by,
But offer aid when ere I can
To comfort there my fellow man.

Monday
The child again is exalted on high
As one who is trusting to fully rely
On God's loving care every hour of the day
No matter what's trampled and lost in the fray.

A one who has offered what little he owns
In spite of the trials, in spite of unknowns.
A one who can see all he has is a gift,
Despite many troubles, will not go adrift.

Patient Job was a child in God's perfect eyes
Though losses were many, he stood with the wise.
He trusted, and trust the unlikeliest thing
Is that which the greatest of blessings did bring.

Tuesday
Resolute determination
Be the way we leave our nation.
Willing here to suffer well
To of the Gospel story tell.

Not fire from the heavens called
But love and mercy here installed
As monikers for who we are
And by such standards, lift the bar.

He came not to the soul condemn
But came to rescue wayward men
To show them mercy, love, and peace,
And all the chains of sin release.

Wednesday
Not any meager thing we hold
Not even heaps of purest gold,
Compare to what He offers men
In ages past, and now again.

Each day the offer comes anew
To follow me, or follow You.
Lord, let me see how good You are
And how this gold, below You far.

So let me never look away
But follow only on Your way
Regardless of the trials here,
If You alone, I could be near.

And give me patience lord as You 
Have patient been with all I do.
Allow Your word to work in those
Of whom I love, and whom You chose.

Thursday
Angels of the heavenly host
Gloried, yet devoid of boast
Attend around the throne of He
Who reigns for all eternity.

Their glory lies in whom they serve
Whose pow'r they constantly observe,
Whose splendor none could ere explore,
Whose love but offers more and more.

Friday
In full, and not in partial ways
I've set to live for all my days.
I want no part that darkness plays
But seek for light to clear the haze.

The man with pride but plays the fool,
A blind and stupid, stubborn mule.
For what he knows of things to be
Is like a drop amid the sea.

The humble see the cross their way
To be like Him in every way.
To open vistas far and wide
And break the bonds of foolish pride.

Saturday
What's hidden from the learned wise
Is plain before the simple eyes
That little ways of love can be 
My ticket to eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment