Tuesday, July 26, 2022

8/7/22 Through 8/13/22

 8/7/22 Through 8/13/22

Sunday
When much is given much is required
Greatest of gifts is faith inspired.
The reason follows if we see
His grand design in all that be.

Not here as simply odds of chance
In nature's brilliant daily dance
But given will to steward well
Our gift, and generations tell,

Of One who loves beyond the stars
Whose body's marked with many scars
Who calls to sinners, "Follow Me,
And I will make you truly free."

Free to love and sacrifice much
Free to stand, or walk without crutch.
For He provides for all our needs
And with His very flesh, He feeds.

Monday
While fishing for the temple tax
Great wonders cross his mind
And then at once a fish attacks
The hook upon his line.

So once again we clearly see
No ordinary man
This Jesus Christ, Messiah be
With quite a different plan.

The One without a trace of sin
Was planning yet to give
His life upon the cross to win
New life for man to live.

Both baffled and bewildered by
His new and different way
To show how far we've gone awry
And wandered far away.

But humble words and ways of love
The soul cannot resist
In truth, He comes from far above
As God within our midst.

Tuesday
Open wide and thus receive
Far more than mortal mind perceives
Turn not aside from what is true
A call awaits for such as you.

A call awaits and you will see
That love can turn the dead to be
Alive with vigor, truth, and wise.
A one with seeing truthful eyes.

One childlike that humble be
Whose angels daily speak with Me
And does the will of God above
In humble, trusting, patient, love.

Wednesday
The gift of all is all I need
A multitude that I might feed.
For grain that's scattered soon will grow
And harvest plenty, you will know.

But hoarded for a rainy day
Will rot and mold without delay
You're meant for passing on this way
Not holding what will pass away.

Then what we pass along will thrive
And you will more than just survive.
For he that gives is given more,
And no request will God ignore.

For grace, He gives to suffer well
To those who will His story tell.
And model lives like His that give
So all on earth might truly live.

Thursday
This poverty I dread as loss
A heavy and appalling cross.
But that is where my actions lead
If I can't hear the humble plead.

So much received, so little shared
By riches now the heart ensnared.
When all one day will naked be
It seems as foolishness to me.

Yet very short the eye can see
The here and now alone can be
The overwhelming care for me
Ignoring those in poverty.

Forgive me Lord my many wrongs
Where charity and love belongs.
I substituted greed and lust
And now alone in mercy trust

Lord make me wise enough to learn
Such mercy, I must too return
If I expect to one day be
With You for all eternity.

The poverty I dread so much
Enables me to feel Your touch
And when I share what I receive
I show I truly do believe.

Friday
In purity may love be found
By modest dress, the heart is bound
The eyes of purity will show
Where truest peace and love will grow.

In mystery, her beauty shines
And ready smile kindness signs.
Her spoken word so soft and sweet
A beauty grand, from one petite.

Saturday
Let the children come to me
Be touched, of sinfulness set free.
No longer tied to ways of sin
Passed on by their ancestral kin.

Lord, lay Your hands on me and pray
That change be in my heart today
And ever firmly tied to You
Be sanctified the things I do.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment