Saturday, March 26, 2022

4/10/22 Through 4/16/22

 4/10/22 Through 4/16/22

Sunday
My God, my God, where have You gone?
In dark, I cry, "Reveal the dawn.
For sin has clouded what I see,
Oh God, be merciful to me."

If I but knew the cost of sin,
Repentance every time would win.
But blind I am when sin takes hold,
And all but self is dark and cold.

I see not whom I spit upon,
But only to the sin I'm drawn.
The lash and thorns mean naught to me,
My purpose only do I see.

Short-sighted, proud, and foolish me
Who fails to recognize it's Thee
Who suffers in humility,
Oh God, be merciful to me.

Monday
A broken jar cannot contain
And none that's given can remain.
For all is what He asks of you
And all is what the Master's due.

A life poured out with none reserved
The King of kings has well-deserved.
The poor are always there with you,
But here on earth His days are few.

So clothe the naked, feed the poor
And visit prison, then for sure
Fulfill His call to love the least
And join the Master's wedding feast.

Tuesday
Betrayal in the hearts of men
As seen that night and still again
When opposition comes our way
And out of fear, we flee the fray.

Let tears from such denial flow
His look of love then make us grow,
And when we see our risen Lord,
His grace abundant be out-poured.

Wednesday
Betrayal in so many ways
By closest friends in darkest days.
None willing to His burdens bear,
Or in His sufferings to share.

Like so many gone before me
Fail to see He suffers for me.
Bruised and beaten, mocked and scourged
Of every comfort stripped and purged.

But when I see what sin has done,
And yet how selfish I've become,
My eyes are filled with tears of shame
For I can see that I'm to blame.

The pain I cannot comprehend,
Nor love until the bitter end.
For far too often, self I choose
And likeness unto Him I lose.

Have mercy on my pitied state
For all have sinned and fouled the slate.
Receive what little I can give
And let this sorrowed sinner live.

Thursday
To serve is but the greatest gift
That mortal man receives.
By service will the Master sift
To find one who believes.

Humility will bring to bear
The one who loves the least,
And lead them both to greater fare
At their communion feast.

Good Friday
Feast of mercy, Man's salvation
Savior on that rugged tree.
Crucified for every nation.
Bound and beaten to set free.

Serpent bronze to be exalted
High above for all to see.
Man or woman none un-faulted
For the suffering of Thee.

Cleanse my soul and make me savor
every wound You bore for me.
Grant to me this only favor,
That Your glory I may see.

Holy Saturday
Sad and empty, spent with grief
Evil crime beyond belief.
Hope of glory gone today,
Love was buried yesterday.

Wakened from a horrid dream
Walking dead, to men I seem.
Shock and stupor, disbelief
Bitter anguish, no relief.

What on earth could I have done?
Now I wish I had not run.
Better now that I be dead.
Master gone, the world I dread.

Sleep escapes these weary eyes,
Self-regret and sorrowed sighs.
No one knows what lies ahead,
Faith, and Hope, and Love are dead!






















No comments:

Post a Comment