Sunday, September 19, 2021

10/3/21 Through 10/9/21

 10/3/21 Through 10/9/21

Sunday
Man and woman joined as one.
Through the act, new life begun.
Total giving of their seed
Flames of love to always feed.

From the core, the rib removed
By the woman, man improved.
Two as one forever bound
Total giving love is found.

Monday
How often I have turned away
From duty that is mine.
Direct me Lord, and show the way
For me to go this time.

So full of what I want to do
Without a thought for God
I miss His blatant, glaring cue,
And try to run abroad.

Sometime within the belly of 
A whale would change my mind,
And maybe teach me how to love,
Or how true peace to find.

To listen and obey the key
To peace and pure delight,
For in His will the love we see
That brings the morning light.

Tuesday
Repent and turn away from sin
Is still the battle cry.
For years we've let it grow within,
But now, to cleanse, we try.

If true, a change of heart we've had,
The change will cause some pain.
But pain, if we persist, will add
To heaven, then obtain.

So at the Master's feet recline
Absorbing every word,
Then try to make your will align
With all that you have heard.

Wednesday
In conversation every day
I hear You speak and point the way,
Yet still a path of mine desire
That leads unto unholy fire.

I must be made afresh and new
And make my heart as one with You.
Oh Father in the highest height
Come help me in this daily fight.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done,
Shall be the way for everyone,
And when the final day arrives,
Reward for how we lived our lives.

Oh mercy much, I plead for me,
And all who did me harm, I free.
I dread the loss of life with Thee,
And pray Your glory I may see.

Thursday
What profit in His service be,
The proud will ask the weak.
For we control the gold, you see,
While you still pray and seek.

But God has promised peace for those
Who trust upon His name,
With poverty and vicious woes,
For those of wealth and fame.

Without a branch, without a root
The fire leaves us all
Alone and naked, shamed and mute
Once great, now poor and small.

Then those that fear the Lord shall see
The sun of justice rise,
With healing rays, and voices praise
The Lord of earth and skies.

Friday
Cast out the demons plaguing me
Then fill me with reality,
For otherwise the lie returns,
And seven more my spirit earns.

Each void will beckon to be filled
The trampled earth be plowed and tilled
So seed can sprout and then will spread,
And bring new life to what was dead.

I need Your presence always near
To cast away the doubt and fear.
Assuring if I just return,
A greater depth of love I'll learn.

Saturday
Is the sickle ready now
To harvest from this stalk somehow,
Or shall this one be bundled with
The weed sent to the fire forthwith?

One steadfast in so many ways,
But one anemic, many days,
Who turns away for worthless things,
And loses what allegiance brings.

But You are One of mercy Lord
For blood and water, You outpoured
To make this more than just a dream,
And wash me in that precious stream. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment