Sunday, July 11, 2021

7/25/21 Through 7/31/21

 7/25/21 Through 7/31/21

Sunday
Inadequate as I may be,
It seems the Lord has chosen me
In some way to fulfill His plan,
As so He has with every man.

There's not enough to go around,
But if a willing soul is found,
Your work will multiply the way
He did the bread and fish that day.

An hour here or minute there,
May not appear as much to share,
But if we seize the time and act
It will supply what others lacked.

So listen well and hear the call
He makes to you and makes to all.
Your time on earth is not your own,
Your duty is to make Him known.

So offer what you can today
To feed the hungry on the way.
You, a simple loaf of bread,
Can be the one that many fed.

Monday
By forfeiture, the battle's won,
And perseverance makes a son.
For either side the same is true,
Now give some thought to which are you?

Have you surrendered soul to sin,
To some delight or pleasure win,
A passing comfort, bliss, or thrill
That never seems your heart to fill?

If so, you are your father's son
That bows to a created one.
That only knows a lie to tell,
The King of Lies, condemned to hell.

But if you turn the other way
Surrendering your will each day
To love incarnate come as man,
The heart will fill as in His plan.

And so, adopted son you'll be
Akin to One upon the tree.
Whose full surrender won the war
With peace and joy forevermore.

For who knows best to fill our hearts, 
But One who made our many parts?
Complete surrender to His will,
The way for sure our hearts to fill.

Tuesday
A meeting face to face with You,
A walk amid the morning dew,
A freshness in each moment there,
A quiet peace in times so rare.

But rare they needn't be you see,
For I am always here for thee.
I call to you throughout the day
Inviting you to come My way.

That which draws your gaze from Me
Cannot give life or set you free.
Diablo's lying wedge divides,
My law to light unending guides.

The wheat and weeds together grow,
But end much differently you know.
The weeds as ashes on the field,
The other, bread of life to yield.

Wednesday
Aglow with love each face will be
Of those who spend their time with Me.
Receiving all I have to give,
And learning how My faithful live.

A narrow path I lead them on
A darkened path before the dawn,
But when the morning sun shall rise,
A treasure there before their eyes.

One worthy of all that they own,
Such beauty there before unknown.
Let all be sold to purchase Thee,
My light and life forever be.

Thursday
Tired and weary, I fall at Your feet
Humbled again, I admit my defeat.
All is from You and naught is from me.
How plain it should be for readers to see.

Friday
Too much for those, He knew too well.
How could such humble root excel?
A prophet's honor, Him denied.
By lack of faith, His hands were tied.

Sins of comfort they embraced.
Too proud to have the truth be faced.
Among their local paths He trod,
The Son of Man, the Son of God.

Today as well, His presence missed,
And that before our eyes dismissed
As too well-known to be a sign,
There's One among us, One Divine.

Saturday
Saint Ignatius, help of mine,
To His will my heart incline.
Discerning well, the Shepherd's voice,
And making Him my every choice.

A simple way, but oh so hard,
My base attachments to discard,
To live for what He brings today,
And savor well that sweet bouquet.





















No comments:

Post a Comment