Sunday, June 13, 2021

6/27/21 Through 7/3/21

 6/27/21 Through 7/3/21

Sunday
All life is in the Master's hand,
He issues breath at His command.
The trials that we face each day
Will guide our path along the way.

So many times we've heard it said,
"Give up the useless fear and dread."
Trust in Him whose touch can heal,
And to the Lord, make your appeal.

The One who fashioned every soul
Has died and rose to make men whole.
Death is gone and over-powered.
From the cross, His grace is showered.

To One alone all praise is due,
The One who died and rose for you.
The Author of the life you live
All praise and honor we must give.

Monday
As scarlet though our many sins,
His patient love the vict'ry wins.
He spares the wicked for the good
And takes their place upon the wood.

May no excuse delay reply,
Or cause the will to go awry.
The time is now that we decide
To answer yes, or go and hide.

Let me not in words alone
Assent to what the Son has shown,
But let my will be formed as Thine
And ever light within me shine.

Tuesday
Unworthy servants though we be,
The Lord has chosen you and me.
To make disciples of all men
And turn them towards their God again.

For all have talents given thee
To help the blind to clearly see.
To pass along the faith to all
In answer to the Master's call.

Wednesday
The spirit world I fail to see,
But angels watching over me
Have saved me many times from sin
Inviting evil demons in.

I see in retrospect the ways
My angel guards, protects, and saves.
I see as well when flesh has won,
In all the evil things I've done.

Lord, drive the demons far away
And clear the room for You to stay.
Let Your angel be my guide
And keep me ever at Your side.

Forgive the wrong that I have done.
Cleanse my soul, let it become
Your dwelling place forevermore
With peace and love its greatest store.

Thursday
"Rise and walk." He says to me.
All thy sins forgiven thee.
Take your mat and carry home
The faithful joy that now you own.

No greater gift than being free
Of all the sins that cripple me.
Anger, pride, and boastful greed,
Are those on which the flesh will feed.

But if we're taught to love and learn,
Somehow we see and then discern
That right before our very eyes
Is God within a flesh disguise.

At Mass it happens every time
They consecrate the bread and wine.
Sins forgiven, hearts made new,
Hard to fathom, yet but true.

Friday
He came not for the righteous one,
But came to make a sinner son.
That all with Christ, a brother be,
And all their sinfulness would see.

With empty hands we stand before
The One we worship and adore.
With sins as scarlet, bright and full,
The blood of Jesus makes as wool.
.
In death the source of life is found.
With love, the power of sin is bound.
We must the way of mercy learn
As to the cross, in shame we turn.

No thing we offer is our own.
For all to us is but a loan,
A talent that we must invest
To praise the One our lips confessed.

Saturday
"My Lord and God." as Thomas said,
In truth, You're risen from the dead!
No power on earth can hold You down,
You are True God of great renown.

My fingers probe Your sacred hands.
My heart receives what Yours commands.
A love that's full, entire, complete,
A love the world cannot defeat.

Your side where blood and water flowed,
To all mankind, Your mercy showed.
Your heart of love afire within
Forgiveness brings my heart of sin.























No comments:

Post a Comment